New River Investment Company
Due to the promise of the railroad and its concomitant industries, Radford, Virginia underwent a boom in the early 1890s. This boom resulted in the formation of land development companies, land speculation, and increased northern interest in the area
The New River Investment Company was chartered in Virginia in 1889 for the purpose of developing land in Montgomery County. W. C. DeArmond served as president of the company while A. J. Hemphill served as secretary. Connected to the railroad, the company's papers are now housed at the Norfolk Southern Corporation archives.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
The New River Investment Company Deeds document land ownership in Radford, Virginia, and include one deed from 1890 and three drafts of a deed from 1892. Restrictions on land development appear in the 1890 deed. The 1892 drafts lift a vendor's lien.