Blacksburg Community Federation (Blacksburg, Va.)
The Blacksburg Community Federation was formed in Blacksburg, Virginia in 1928. It was formed to unite various community organizations toward common goals related to public health, education, and community beautification. It was originally called the Blacksburg Federated Council. Preliminary formation activity began in 1926 and a joint meeting of committees was held in 1927. The full community federation formed in 1928 following presentation of the Blacksburg Community Study compiled by the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University Department of Rural Sociology and 26 local organizations from around the Blacksburg area.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Blacksburg Community Federation Records,
The collection includes information about the planning, creation, organization, and operation of the Blacksburg Community Federation from 1926 through 1957.