Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944)
- Usage: 1896 - 1944
Found in 81 Collections and/or Records:
Virginia Tech instructional assistant in surveying and drawing (1903-1904); Georgia School of Technology Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics and Civil Engineering. Collection consists of a letter from Counselman to a Mr. L. O’Shaughnessy (VPI civil engineering instructor 1904-1905).
The Clinton H. Cowgill Collection contains selected personal and professional correspondence, writing, incomplete architectural drawings, and career documentation of the founder of VPI's architecture program, Clinton Cowgill.
Director of Agricultural Experiment Station at Virginia Polytechnic Institute, 1917-1945; assistant director of Agricultural Experiment Station, 1945 until his retirement in 1948. Collection consists of a Daily Desk Diary, which mentions persons and events in Blacksburg and at Virginia Polytechnic Institute.
The collection contains extracts, reprints and typescripts of scientific reports on forestry, authored or co-authored by William A. Duerr, professor of Forestry at Virginia Tech, 1972-1980.
The collection consists of Edgemont Farm record books, papers, and correspondence relating to the history, operations, and sale of Edgemont Farm in Halifax County, Virginia, and to the Barksdale and Hutcheson families, former owners of the farm. The collection includes correspondence between John R. Hutcheson and T. B. Hutcheson, Jr., as well as other correspondence of Thomas B. Hutcheson, Jr.; maps, correspondence, and Deed of Trust with David Barksdale regarding the sale of the farm.