Yellow Sulphur Springs Resort (Montgomery County, Va.)
The Yellow Sulphur Springs resort was built by Charles Taylor between Blacksburg and Christiansburg, Virginia, around 1810. By the 1850s, however, it was a flourishing resort with multiple buildings on the premises. These structures included a grand hotel, guest cottages, and a gazebo under which guests could drink the restorative waters. The resort is the only surviving resort of its kind in Southwest Virginia from the ante-bellum period. Today, the Yellow Sulphur continues to welcome guests, offering healing spa treatments in a relaxing rural setting.
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
The three invitations represent events at the Montgomery White Sulphur Springs, Yellow Sulphur Springs, and the Hancock House resorts.
The Yellow Sulphur Springs broadside advertises the sale of the mineral springs resort located in Montgomery County, Virginia.