Atlas to Accompany the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies, Plate LXXVI
Official records by the Department of War, concerning the "War of Rebellion."
Maps include the following:
"Map of portions of Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia, showing march of cavalry corps, military division of the Mississippi from March 22d to April 20th, 1865."
"Map showing routes of marches of the army of Gen. W. T. Sherman from Atlanta, Ga. to Goldsborough, N.C."
"Plat showing the battle-ground at Rivers' Bridge, Big Salkehatchie River, S. C."
"Chart accompanying project for effectually closing Cape Fear River and the Port of Wilmington, N.C. to blockade runners"
"Map showing the operations of the Army of the Potomac, under the command of Maj. Gen. George G. Meade, from March 29th to April 9, 1865."
"Plan, Sections and Elevation of Pile Bridge, James River near Varina, Va. January, 1865"
Notes indicate where accompanying text may be found within the greater work.
- United States. Government Printing Office (Publisher, Organization)
0.1 Cubic Feet (17 x 28 in.)
Language of Materials
- Gillmore, Quincy Adams, 1825-1888
- Howard, O. O. (Oliver Otis), 1830-1909
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South
- Maps (documents)
- Meade, George, 1843-1897
- Sherman, William T. (William Tecumseh), 1820-1891
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Battlefields Maps
- Wilson, James Harrison, 1837-1925
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Special Collections and University Archives, Virginia Tech Repository
Special Collections and University Archives, University Libraries (0434)
560 Drillfield Drive
Newman Library, Virginia Tech
Blacksburg Virginia 24061 US