Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
The Baughman Family Papers contain correspondence between members of the Baughman family of Richmond, Virginia, as well as with friends, written from 1837 to 1957 (bulk, 1837-1907). The second part of the collection is family papers from about 1859 to the 1940s. This includes military documents, estate papers, legal documents, Confederate society papers, poetry, and photographs.
The collection consists of seven letters written by brothers and Confederate soldiers, Greer and Emilius Baughman from locations in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia and the trenches around Petersburg, Virginia. Letters were written to family back home in Richmond between 1862 and 1865.
The collection contains two letters written by brothers and Confederate soldiers Greer and Emilius Baughman. The letters were written April 5, 1862, by Greer and July 26, 1863, by Emilius. Both letters were written to their mother, Mary Jane Greer Baughman, at home in Richmond.
- Names: Baughman, Greer H. (Greer Harry), 1840-1907 X
- Petersburg (Va.) -- History -- Siege, 1864-1865 2
- Baltimore (Md.) -- 1860-1910 1
- Businesspeople 1
- Gettysburg Campaign, 1863 1
- Kernstown, Virginia, Battle of., 1862 1
- Maryland Campaign, 1862 1
- Petersburg (Va.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Richmond (Va.) 1
- Shenandoah Valley Campaign, 1862 1 ∧ less
- Baughman, Emilius A. (Emilius Allen), 1844-1915 2
- Confederate States of America. Army. Virginia Infantry Regiment, 21st 2
- Baughman, Charles C. (Charles Christian), 1842-1908 1
- Baughman, George, Jr., b. abt. 1837 1
- Baughman, George, Sr., 1809-1870 1
- Baughman, Mary Amelia (Minnie), 1847-1917 1
- Baughman, Mary Jane Greer, 1811-1898 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Virginia Light Artillery Battalion, 13th 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Virginia Light Artillery Battalion, 38th 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Virginia Light Artillery Battalion, 38th (Company C) 1 ∧ less