Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
The Baughman Family Papers contain correspondence between members of the Baughman family of Richmond, Virginia, as well as with friends, written from 1837 to 1957 (bulk, 1837-1907). The second part of the collection is family papers from about 1859 to the 1940s. This includes military documents, estate papers, legal documents, Confederate society papers, poetry, and photographs.
The collection consists of a commonplace book owned by Minnie Baughman of Richmond, Virginia. Mary Amelia Baughman, known as "Minnie," was the daughter of George and Mary Jane Greer Baughman and sister of Confederate soldiers, George, Jr., Greer H., Charles C., and Emilius A. Baughman. The book dates from November 1864 to July 1865 and contains Minnie's algebra work, French vocabulary, grammar, and a large amount of poetry and Confederate patriotic songs.
- Names: Baughman, Mary Amelia (Minnie), 1847-1917 X
- Baltimore (Md.) -- 1860-1910 1
- Businesspeople 1
- Confederate States of America -- Social Life and Customs 1
- Petersburg (Va.) -- History -- Siege, 1864-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Homefront 1
- Women -- History 1 ∧ less
- Baughman, Charles C. (Charles Christian), 1842-1908 1
- Baughman, George, Jr., b. abt. 1837 1
- Baughman, George, Sr., 1809-1870 1
- Baughman, Greer H. (Greer Harry), 1840-1907 1
- Baughman, Mary Jane Greer, 1811-1898 1