Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
1864 map of Campbell County created by the Confederate Engineers Bureau (1982 reproduction from the Virginia Historical Society).
Map's full title statement reads: "Chief Engineer's Office D.N.V., Maj. Gen. J. F. Gilmer Chief Engineer, Map of Montgomery County. From surveys and reconnaissances by Lieut. C. S. Dwight Enger. Corps P.A., Made under direction of Capt. A. H. Campbell Engr. Corps P.A.C.S."
Directly under title statement is hand-written approval from Albert H. Campbell.
Map shows Montgomery County, Virginia, circa 1864.
Map is in two parts, and shows the mountains, rivers, towns, and roads of Montgomery County, Virginia. Reproduction is a photocopy.
- Names: Dwight, C. S. X
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 3
- Montgomery County (Va.) 3
- Virginia -- Maps 3
- Campbell County (Va.) 1
- Campbell County (Va.) -- Maps 1
- Civil War 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Battlefields Maps 1
- United States -- Maps 1 + ∧ less
- Campbell, Albert H. (Albert Henry), 1826-1899 3
- Virginia Historical Society 3
- Confederate Engineer Bureau 2
- Bryan, George 1
- Sons of the Revolution. Virginia Society 1