Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 14
Chapman J. French Diaries
The collection contains twenty-three diaries meticulously written by Chapman J. French, a civil engineer for Norfolk & Western Railway, made during the years of 1906-1912, 1928-1935, and 1937-1944. The diaries relate French's daily activities at home and at work. They also include such items as addresses, cost accounts, and major league baseball scores.
Geological Map of a Portion of the Flat-Top Coal Field Showing the Approximate Outcrop of the Pocahontas or No. 3 Coal Bed in McDowell County, West Virginia
Map shows the coal beds at Flat-Top Coal Fields in McDowell County, West Virginia. It contains an index of openings in the coal bed, and a scale of sections, as well as a key to limestone and shale locations.
A. H. and William Gibboney Letter
The collection contains a letter sent from Tazewell, Virginia, in 1882 by A. H. and William Gibboney to W. R. Wharton, Esquire, concerning the breach of payment for workers that have left the corps of the Norfolk and Western Railroad (previously the Atlantic, Mississippi and Ohio Railroad).
Map of Pulaski, Pulaski County, Virginia
Map shows land in Pulaski, Virginia, owned by The Pulaski Land Co. and The Iron Belt Land, Mining, and Development Company. It contains an illustration in the upper left.
Norfolk & Western Financial Documents,
The collection contains bills and invoices from Norfolk & Western Railroad, Norfolk & Western Railway, and several subsidiaries and contracted companies.
Norfolk & Western Passenger Station Photograph, Marion, Virginia
The collection contains a photograph of the Norfolk & Western Passenger Station, in Marion, Virginia, n.d.
Norfolk & Western Railroad and Railway Company Records
The collection includes administrative documents and correspondence from the Norfolk & Western Railroad Company (later the Norfolk & Western Railway Company) dating from 1876 to about 1935. There are receipts and billing documents, letters, telegrams, and internal reports, as well as a few maps, blueprints, and handwritten notes.
Norfolk & Western Railroad Company Records,
This collection contains invoices, notes, memos, correspondence, and ticket materials pertaining to the Norfolk & Western Railroad Company from the years 1881 to 1887.
Norfolk & Western Railway and Associated Companies Collection
Norfolk & Western Railway Company Photograph
The collection contains a photograph of group believed to be Roanoke, Virginia employees of Norfolk & Western Railway Company.
- Names: Norfolk and Western Railroad Company (1881-1896) X
- Railroad 13
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 11
- Maps (documents) 4
- Virginia -- Maps 3
- Photographs 2
- Coal mines and mining 1
- Marion (Va.) 1
- Pulaski County (Va.) 1
- Radford (Va.) 1
- West Virginia -- Maps 1 + ∧ less
- Norfolk and Western Railway Company (1896-1982) 2
- Aberdeen & Asheboro Railway Company 1
- Adams Express Company (1854-2015) 1
- Bluefield Inn (W. Va.) 1
- Butler, W. H. 1
- Cincinnati Northern Railroad Company 1
- Cumberland Valley Railroad Company 1
- D'Invilliers, Edward 1
- Deepwater Railway Company (1898-1907) 1
- East Tennessee, Virginia, and Georgia Railway Company 1
- French, Chapman J. (Chapman Johnston) 1
- Geological Survey (U.S.) 1
- Gibboney, A. H. 1
- Gibboney, William 1
- Hotel Roanoke 1
- Iron Belt Land, Mining, and Development Company 1
- Maple Shade Inn Company (Pulaski, Va.) 1
- New York, Chicago, and St. Louis Railway Company 1
- Radford Land and Improvement Company 1
- Roanoke Machine Works 1
- Seaboard Air Line Railway Company 1
- Southern Express Company 1
- Southern States Dispatch 1
- Tidewater Railway Company (1904-1907) 1
- Virginia Holding Corporation 1
- Virginia, Tennessee and Georgia Air Line 1 + ∧ less