Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
The Melvin N. Gough collection spans from 1919 to 1971 and includes a wide variety of materials reflecting Gough's career as a test pilot, National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics (NACA) administrator, and flight safety investigator. Types of materials include NACA and Advisory Group for Aerospace Research and Development (AGARD) reports and documents, articles, correspondence, notes and speeches, and newspaper and magazine clippings.
The collection includes research files, personal notes, film scripts, and publications collected by Soule, an aerospace engineer, on the fields of aviation, aeronautics, and aerospace, particularly on the NACA and NASA programs, including the X-1 and X-15 jets, and the Mercury and Gemini space programs.
- Air pilots 1
- Aircraft accidents 1
- Test pilots 1
- United States -- National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics -- Officials and employees 1
- United States -- National Aeronautics and Space Administration -- Officials and employees 1
- Gilruth, Robert R. (Robert Rowe), 1913- 1
- Gough, Melvin N. (Melvin Neilson), 1906-1994 1
- Kraft, Christopher C. 1
- United States. Civil Aeronautics Board 1
- United States. Federal Aviation Agency 1