Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Blake W. Corson, Jr., Papers
The Blake W. Corson, Jr., Papers are comprised of professional and personal files, correspondence, and published materials from 1861-1984 (bulk, 1934-1979), primarily relating to his career as an engineer at NASA Langley.
Melvin N. Gough Papers
The Melvin N. Gough collection spans from 1919 to 1971 and includes a wide variety of materials reflecting Gough's career as a test pilot, National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics (NACA) administrator, and flight safety investigator. Types of materials include NACA and Advisory Group for Aerospace Research and Development (AGARD) reports and documents, articles, correspondence, notes and speeches, and newspaper and magazine clippings.
Paul R. Hill Collection
The Paul R. Hill Collection contains material relating to the NASA career of Paul R. Hill. Materials include books, papers, newspapers, lantern slides, NASA publications and memos, overhead sheets, and notes from presentations and talks.
Christopher C. Kraft Papers
The collection consists of approximately 28 cu. ft. of manuscripts, particularly NACA and NASA reports and documents, meeting notes and agendas, and research materials. A later donation contains the manuscript for 2001 Kraft's autobiography.
Hartley A. Soule Papers
The collection includes research files, personal notes, film scripts, and publications collected by Soule, an aerospace engineer, on the fields of aviation, aeronautics, and aerospace, particularly on the NACA and NASA programs, including the X-1 and X-15 jets, and the Mercury and Gemini space programs.
- United States -- National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics -- Officials and employees 3
- United States -- National Aeronautics and Space Administration -- Officials and employees 3
- Air pilots 1
- Aircraft accidents 1
- Blueprints (reprographic copies) 1
- Correspondence 1
- Engineering Drawings 1
- Memorandums 1
- Physicists 1
- Physics 1
- Test pilots 1
- University History 1 + ∧ less
- Kraft, Christopher C. 2
- Soule, Hartley A. (Hartley Aiken), 1904-1988 2
- Becker, John Vernon, 1913- 1
- Bierman, David 1
- Corson, Blake W. 1
- Gilruth, Robert R. (Robert Rowe), 1913- 1
- Gough, Melvin N. (Melvin Neilson), 1906-1994 1
- Hill, Paul R., 1909-1990 1
- Langley Aeronautical Laboratory 1
- Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center (1973-) 1
- Manned Spacecraft Center (1961-1973) (U.S.) 1
- Project Apollo (U.S.) 1
- Project Gemini (U.S.) 1
- Project Mercury (U.S.) 1
- United States. Civil Aeronautics Board 1
- United States. Federal Aviation Agency 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 1 + ∧ less