Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
The photograph collection at Special Collections and University Archives consists primarily of historical photographs of Virginia Tech, dating back to the 1890s. The collection is also home to historic images of Blacksburg, Montgomery County, the New River Valley, and Southwest Virginia in general. A photograph collection of faculty and staff from the university is maintained separately.
The collection contains 102 letters from Joseph F. Ware to his wife, Susie, in Blacksburg, Virginia, while he was serving overseas during and after World War I. The other significant portion of this collection contains nearly 200 photographs.
Two scrapbooks of photographs and ephemera compiled by DeWitt Clinton Wolfe, Jr., a member of the cadet corps and graduate of Virginia Polytechnic Institute, class of 1921. The photographs document Wolfe's experiences as a student in the Cadet Corps from about 1919 to 1921, including sporting events, camping excursions, "rat parades" and as a trumpet player in the Cadet Corps band. Clippings and pamphlets document various university events.
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 2
- University History 2
- Agricultural extension work 1
- Photographs 1
- University Archives 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 2
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Corps of Cadets 1