Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 18
The Patrick H. Butler Collection includes materials from 1911-1990. The collection contains personal papers and photographs relating to Butler’s tenure as a Virginia Tech student and his alumni relationship with the university.
The collection contains items, which belonged to or were collected by Harold C. Cox during his time as a student at Virginia Agriculture and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute from 1922-1926, and his continued experiences with the university as alumnus, primarily from the 1970s and 1980s.
The William F. Drumeller, Jr., Collection, 1942-1953, includes Virginia Polytechnic Institute (VPI) publications, school papers (including notes and notebooks), ephemera, and photographs of Drumeller, a student and cadet at VPI from 1942-1943 and 1946-1949.
The collection consists of a small photograph album belonging to Percy Clayton Hamilton, class of 1912, with photographs from his tenure as a student at Virginia Polytechnic Institute (VPI).
The photograph collection at Special Collections and University Archives consists primarily of historical photographs of Virginia Tech, dating back to the 1890s. The collection is also home to historic images of Blacksburg, Montgomery County, the New River Valley, and Southwest Virginia in general. A photograph collection of faculty and staff from the university is maintained separately.
This scrapbook contains photographs and memorabilia dating 1918-1926 from United States Military Academy (West Point) and Virginia Polytechnic Institute (VPI) by Bertram A. Holtzworth, who attended VPI before graduating from West Point in 1927. He served in the U.S. Army from his time as a cadet at West Point until his retirement as Major General in 1963.
This collection contains photographs, publications, journals, writings and artifacts pertaining to Earl H. Hornbarger's time as a student at VPI, his later career as an engineer with Westinghouse Electric Company, and his involvement as a VPI alumnus.
This collection contains publications, photographs, postcards, programs, and other memorabilia from John A. Kircher's time at Virginia Tech under the Army Specialized Training Program in 1943-1944.
Notes attached to box items were found in read: "Corps Maroon Sashes" and "Maroon sashes from the Tailor Shop."
- Names: Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1896-1944) X
- University History 17
- Students and alumni 7
- University Archives 6
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 5
- Montgomery County (Va.) 4
- Blacksburg (Va.) 3
- Photographs 3
- Agricultural extension work 2
- Women -- History 2
- Faculty 1
- Heraldry 1
- Memorabilia 1
- Publications by alumni 1
- Railroad 1
- Thanksgiving Day 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1 + ∧ less
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 8
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1944-1970) 7
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 6
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Corps of Cadets 4
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 3
- Army Specialized Training Program (U.S.) 1
- Butler, Patrick H., Jr., 1908-1992 1
- Cox, Harold C. 1
- Drumeller, William F., Jr., 1923-2006 1
- Hamilton, Percy Clayton 1
- Holtzworth, Bertram Arthur, 1904-1971 1
- Hornbarger, Earl H. (Earl Hampton), 1898-1967 1
- Kircher, John Anthony, 1921-2004 1
- Phi Kappa Phi 1
- Pollard, Herbert Reed, Jr., 1913-2002 1
- Temple, Harry Downing 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Alumni Association 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Regimental Band 1
- Ware, Joseph F., 1880-1969 1
- Ware, Susana Howe Robinson, b. abt. 1897 1
- Wolfe, Dewitt Clinton, Jr., d.1991 1 + ∧ less