Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
This collection contains four boxes of slide sets, some with related scripts, for the Virginia Cooperative Extension's Master Gardener Program. Most materials are undated, but likely date from between the 1970s and early 2000s. Topics include flowers, fruits, vegetables, trees, landscaping, gardening, composting, and careers in horticulture.
The collection includes correspondence, receipts, farm records, and other papers of Thomas O. Sandy, a farmer in Nottoway County, Virginia, and the first state demonstration agent for agricultural extension in Virginia. The papers relate to Sandy's farm, extension work, and estate.
The collection contains publications on topics including, but not limited to: war-time food use and victory gardens, home planning and organization, food and cooking, home demonstration, and household management. Although the emphasis in on Virginia state and local agencies, materials may also originate from around the United States.
- Food Technology and Production 2
- History of Food and Drink 2
- Culinary pamphlets 1
- Home demonstration work 1
- Home economics 1
- Students and alumni 1 + ∧ less
- Virginia Cooperative Extension (1995-) 2
- Sandy, Sallie Thweat Miller 1
- Sandy, Thomas O. (Thomas Oldham), 1857-1919 1
- Sandy, Thomas O., Jr. 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 1