Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 15
This collection includes business and personal papers of W. Graham Claytor, a 1906 graduate of Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (later Virginia Polytechnic Institute) and an executive overseeing the operations of a number of American Gas and Electric Company subsidiaries during the 20th century. It includes correspondence, reports, and printed materials relating to personal financial matters, business operations, Virginia Polytechnic Institute, and ham radio.
This collection contains papers include field notes, charts and maps, and geological surveys and research results, covering the history of mineralogy and geology, especially in Virginia.
This collection includes the papers of Virginia Tech professor of horticulture Frank Horsfall, Jr., including his thesis and dissertation, awards and honors, writings, and materials on his interests in barbed wire and primitive tools.
The papers in this collection include both personal and professional correspondence, ranging from November 1931 to March 1977. Johnson wrote to representatives at Public Works, American Society of Civil Engineers, the Department of Architectural Engineering at Virginia Polytechnic Institute, and the War Assets Administration, among others.
The collection contains correspondence, speeches, notebooks, photographs, recordings, and clippings relating to the areas of agriculture, gas, oil, tractors, air and water pollution, waste treatment, and public relations.
The collection contains correspondence, memos, proposals, reports, and other papers relating to Landis' work with nuclear reactor projects and memberships on various committees, including the Virginia Tech Board of Visitors, the Virginia State Chamber of Commerce, and the Virginia Advisory Board on Industrial Development.
The collection contains correspondence, photographs, and miscellaneous materials relating to the personal life and university and military service of Claudius Lee, a professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering at Virginia Polytechnic Institute.
The collection contains the papers of George W. Litton, professor of Animal Husbandry at V.P.I. from 1940 to 1970. These papers date from 1927 to 1983 and include poetry, essays, V.P.I.'s agricultural extension station reports, notes, lecture material, publications, personal and professional correspondence, photographs from Litton's portrait hanging, and bound compilations like "Foolishness, Poems, and Philosophy" that function similarly to commonplace books.
The collection contains field notes; essays and studies; laboratory course outlines; printed materials; and photographs of trees on the Virginia Tech Campus from Arthur Ballard Massey, plant pathologist, assistant professor of botany at Alabama Polytechnic Institute, professor of biology at Virginia Tech, and member of the Virginia Academy of Science.
This collection contains papers relating to Morris's career as a hydraulic engineer and his position as director of the Institute for Creation Research. The materials date from 1937 to 1999 and include course materials (exams, notes), his M.S. thesis and Ph.D. dissertation, publications, technical reports, correspondence concerning such topics as hydraulic engineering and soil mechanics, and publications and pamphlets from the Institute of Creation Research.
- University History 14
- Faculty 10
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 6
- University Archives 4
- Agriculture 2
- Agricultural extension work 1
- Blacksburg (Va.) 1
- Horticulture 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1
- Nuclear energy 1
- Nuclear propulsion 1
- Nuclear reactors 1
- Nuclear ships 1
- Railroad 1
- Savannah (Nuclear ship) 1
- Students and alumni 1 ∧ less
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 3
- Appalachian Electric Power Company (1926-1958) 1
- Appalachian Power Company 1
- Babcock & Wilcox Company 1
- Claytor, W. Graham (William Graham), 1886-1971 1
- Drinkard, Alfred Washington, Jr. 1
- Holden, Roy Jay, 1870-1945 1
- Horsfall, Frank, Jr., 1903-1988 1
- Johnson, William Martin 1
- Krieger, Carl George, 1905-1979 1
- Landis, John W. (John William), 1917-2013 1
- Lee, Claudius, 1872-1962 1
- Litton, George W., 1910-1989 1
- Massey, A. B. (Arthur Ballard) 1
- Morris, Henry M., 1918-2006 1
- Norris, Earle B. (Earle Bertram), 1882-1966 1
- Sanders, Harry W. (Harry Warinner), 1895-1984 1
- Threlkeld, William Logan, 1893-1988 1
- Virginia Agricultural Experiment Station 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 1
- Virginia Engineering Experiment Station 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Research Division 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Board of Visitors 1
- Virginia Truck Experiment Station (1907-1967) 1
- Will, Erwin Hoge, b.1900 1 ∧ less