Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract The Charles Burchard Collection includes personal and professional correspondence, architectural drawings from private practice work, publications, subject files, administrative papers relating to Burchard's teaching at Harvard's Graduate School of Design (1946-1953), as a senior partner at A.M. Kinney and Associates in Cincinnati, Ohio (1953-1963), and from his tenure as dean of the College of Architecture at Virginia Polytechnic Institute (later Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State...
Dates: 1935-1989, n.d.
Abstract Please note: this collection is currently being processed. Portions of the collection which are fully processed are listed in this finding aid. This includes photographs and negatives, flat files and oversize drawings from personal and professional projects, and a few artifacts. As more materials are processed, additional series and subseries will be published. Other portions of the collection may be available for research--contact Special Collections...
Dates: 1920 - 2001
This collection includes documents related to the production and dissemination of George Grigg's and John Carnochan's computer-animated film, produced while students at Virginia Tech from 1969 through 1970 using FORTRAN.
Dates: Majority of material found within circa 1960s-2015
- Faculty 2
- Architects 1
- Architects -- Virginia 1
- Architecture (discipline) 1
- Architecture -- Computer-aided design 1
- Architecture -- Study and teaching 1
- Blacksburg (Va.) 1
- FORTRAN (Computer program language) 1
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1 ∧ less
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. College of Architecture and Urban Studies (1978-2022) 2
- Burchard, Charles, 1913-1990 1
- Carnochan, John 1
- Currie, Leonard J. (Leonard James), 1913-1996 1
- Grigg, George C. 1
- Gropius, Walter, 1883-1969 1 ∧ less