Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 17
The collection consists almost exclusively of performance programs, playbills, and other threater literature of theater, dance, and music performances attended by Adriance.
In general, vertical files at Special Collections and University Archives include newspaper clippings, photocopies, ephemera, unpublished and/or informal publications, and other papers relating to a specific subject area. Files in this collection relate to individuals and families connected to the local area (Blacksburg, Montgomery County, and Southwest Virginia) and/or to Virginia Tech. Each individual/family below has at least one folder and many include cross references.
This collection includes oral history accounts from various African Americans with experience at Virginia Tech and/or in the Blacksburg area between the 1950s and the early 2000s.
This collection includes a scrapbook compiled by Blacksburg, Virginia artist Ruth White Fisher, relating to her series of paintings titled "The Evolution of Creativity," donated to Virginia Tech. It includes photographs, correspondence, newspaper clippings, and ephemera about the paintings and the donation ceremony.
The photograph collection at Special Collections and University Archives consists primarily of historical photographs of Virginia Tech, dating back to the 1890s. The collection is also home to historic images of Blacksburg, Montgomery County, the New River Valley, and Southwest Virginia in general. A photograph collection of faculty and staff from the university is maintained separately.
This collection contains letters from Garland D. Kite to Ralph Brown. The letters detail Kite's experiences as a soldier in Europe during the last two years of World War II.
The collection contains personal research notes, subject files, and writings; materials relating to the Virginia Tech University Libraries; course notes; dissertation research; work on textiles and arts & crafts history; genealogy notes; brochures on historic sites around Virginia; and maps collected by Dorothy McCombs. Materials date from about 1970-1989.
This collection contains the papers of Virginia Tech alumnus and agricultural information editor.It contains correspondence and notes relating to the histories Blacksburg, the Preston family, and Smithfield Plantation (including maps of the grounds and the cemetery). It also contains a few campus photographs and printed materials related to Virginia Tech.
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 16
- University History 14
- Faculty 6
- Women -- History 5
- Photographs 4
- University Archives 4
- Students and alumni 2
- Agricultural extension work 1
- Architects 1
- Architects -- Virginia 1
- Architectural drawings (visual works) 1
- Civil War 1
- Maps (documents) 1
- Oral histories (literary works) 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Virginia -- Maps 1
- Virginia, Southwest 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 ∧ less
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 8
- Preston family (Montgomery County, Va.) 2
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 2
- Adriance, Thomas 1
- Brown, Ralph Minthorne, 1878-1958 1
- Carneal and Johnston (Richmond, Va.) 1
- Currie, Leonard J. (Leonard James), 1913-1996 1
- Kite, Garland D. 1
- Lancaster, Lucy Lee, 1905-1989 1
- McCombs, Dorothy F., 1923-1990 1
- Michael, Rudolph Dixon, 1904-1994 1
- Shackelford, George Green, 1921-2010 1
- Sibold, Carrie T. (Carrie Taylor), 1904-1990 1
- Sibold, Chloe M., 1899-1976 1
- Sibold, Nannie V. (Nannie Virginia), 1897-1957 1
- Sibold, Thomas W. (Thomas William), 1909-1930 1
- Smithfield Plantation House (Blacksburg, Va.) 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1896-1944) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. College of Architecture (1974-1978) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. College of Architecture and Urban Studies (1978-2022) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Corps of Cadets 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. College of Architecture 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1944-1970) 1
- Worley, Charles S., Jr. 1 ∧ less