Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract The J. Ambler Johnston Papers pertains to his many activities throughout his professional and personal life, especially his involvement with the Civil War Round Table (CWRT) and Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Materials consist of correspondence, publications and ephemera, organizational and committee reports, and photographs, relating to Johnston's involvement with historical and civic organizations including the Sons of Confederate Veterans, Society of the Sons of the Revolution, Virginia...
Dates: 1901 - 1974
The collection contains personal memorabilia, consisting largely of honors and awards, of Samuel Davis Preston, a graduate of Virginia Tech (class of 1923) and member of the university's board of visitors (1952-1960).
Dates: 1917 - 1972
Abstract The Dr. Richard Zallen Papers document the research and professional development of a physics professor at Virginia Tech specializing in condensed matter research. Papers largely cover the second half of the twentieth century and include information on research at Xerox; professional correspondence; Virginia Tech lecture notes; drafts of published work; and documents concerning trips, sabbaticals, and conferences. Materials include hand-written documents, published material, flat plate...
Dates: 1940 - 2007
- Faculty 2
- Civil War 1
- Physicists 1
- Physics 1
- Science and Technology 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 2
- Johnston, J. Ambler (James Ambler), 1885-1974 1
- Preston, Samuel Davis, 1892-1975 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. College of Arts and Sciences (1970-2003) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. College of Science (2003-) 1