Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
This collection contains a set of thirteen "Make America Stong" posters that were published by the U. S. Department of Agriculture and the U. S. Government Printing Office in 1941 during World War II. These posters promote dietary needs, healthy eating habits, and ways to fight food insecurity.
The collection contains United States Department of Agriculture, War Food Administration, and other national agency publications from the early 20th century to the present day.
The Alice Ross Ephemera Collection includes more than 2,000 pieces of ephemera related to food & culinary history, advertising/marketing, food production, agriculture, holidays and celebrations, and domestic culture, dating from the mid-19th to the mid/late 20th century.
This collection contains the final and draft versions of a 1988 report from the Virginia Congress on Hunger detailing the extent of hunger and poverty in the Commonwealth of Virginia, a news release about the report, and the 1985 report about hunger and poverty.
- Food Technology and Production 3
- Agricultural extension work 2
- Advertisements 1
- Advertising cards 1
- Ephemera 1
- Home demonstration work 1
- Home economics 1
- Postcards 1
- Trade cards 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 + ∧ less
- United States. Department of Agriculture 2
- Ross, Alice, 1930- 1
- United States. Agricultural Research Service 1
- United States. Department of Health and Human Services 1
- United States. Division of Home Economics 1