Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13
The Agrico Farmer's Account Book contains handwritten notes throughout from an unidentified farmer. The entries include documentation of cattle birth and sales. The book was published by the American Agricultural Chemical Company to advertise Agrico fertilizer.
Broadside entitled "Instructions for Using John W. Barnett's Patent Process for Curing Leaf Tobacco. Patented January 7th 1879." Barnett is identified as a resident of Big Spring, Montgomery County, Virginia.
This collection contains an Internal Revenue collections account book kept by J. A. Brown of Martinsville, Virginia, from 1889-1892.
Burnett's Wheat Fan Instructions was printed in Salem, Virginia in September 1851, and it contains directions on how to use C. M. Burnett's patent beveled wheat fan.
This collection contains three letters from "produce commission merchant" C. E. Sydnor & Co. of Richmond, Virginia, to the Tarter Brothers of Rural Retreat, primarily related to the purchase and shipment of cabbages.
The collection contains a farm and household expense ledger of William H. Collier of Northampton County, North Carolina.
Ledger of Catlett Conway (1786-1839), owner of "Spring Hill," an estate in Greene County, Virginia.
The collection contains a document assessing the value of enslaved persons and lands held by Robert Edmiston, of Washington County, Virginia.
The collection includes receipts and more than 100 pieces of incoming and outgoing correspondence relating to M. L. Foley's business selling birds out of Salem, Virginia.
- History of Food and Drink 4
- Food Technology and Production 3
- Science and Technology 2
- African Americans -- History 1
- Cocktails -- History 1
- Faculty 1
- Greene County (Va.) 1
- Ledgers (account books) 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1
- Ornithology 1
- Salem (Va.) 1
- Slavery -- United States 1
- University Archives 1
- University History 1
- Washington County (Va.) 1
- Wythe County (Va.) 1 + ∧ less
- American Agricultural Chemical Company 1
- Barnett, John W. 1
- Brown, J. A. (Deputy tax collector, Martinsville, Va.) 1
- Burnett, C. M. 1
- C. E. Sydnor & Co. (Richmond, Va.) 1
- Collier, William H., 1822-1906 1
- Drinkard, Alfred Washington, Jr. 1
- Edmiston, Robert 1
- Foley, M. L. 1
- Moody family (Northampton County, NC) 1
- Rogers, William G. 1
- Snavely, Ambrose L., 1868-1934 1
- Tarter Bros. (Rural Retreat, Va.) 1
- United States. Bureau of Internal Revenue 1
- Virginia Agricultural Experiment Station 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 1
- Virginia Association for Biological Farming 1
- Virginia Association of Biological Farmers 1
- Virginia Engineering Experiment Station 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Research Division 1
- Virginia Truck Experiment Station (1907-1967) 1 + ∧ less