Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
This collection contains a typed list of Virginia flora, with handwritten annotations, processed for the Virginia Agricultural Experiment Station, possibly by A. B. Massey.
Abstract The Virginia Agricultural Experiment Station (VAES) was established in 1886 by an act of the Virginia General Assembly and funded by the federal Hatch Act of 1887 for the purpose of providing practical and useful information on agricultural and scientific subjects. The collection includes 114 surveys books for ten counties in Virginia from 1931 through 1940, as well as files dated 1903-1947 of weather reports, annual reports of investigations of the field laboratories, and a large amount of...
Dates: 1903 - 1947
- Faculty 1
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 1
- Science and Technology 1
- University Archives 1
- University History 1
- Virginia -- History 1 ∧ less
- Drinkard, Alfred Washington, Jr. 1
- Massey, A. B. (Arthur Ballard) 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 1
- Virginia Engineering Experiment Station 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 1