Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 16
Pearl Brickman (1928- ). Collection includes three design projects she developed during her years (1977-1979) at Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI Arc), and fifteen projects from her professional career (1982-2002), including project descriptions, drawings,and progress photographs.
The collection consists of a trade card for an English builder and manufacturer of artificial stone, probably printed about 1784. The Coade stone business was started by Eleanor Coade in 1769 and operated into the 1833, later run by a business partner after Coade's death.
Margaret (Peggy) Cochrane Architectural Collection includes drawings for approximately 70 professional projects. Project drawings vary in size and detail, and most are residential projects in Southern California.
This collection contains notes and essay by an English girl named Edith F. Hawkshaw. Contents include commentary and descriptions of the eras and development of English architecture, particularly the rise of Gothic architecture. Hawkshaw was born in 1847, married to Henry Wollaston Blake in 1890, and was alive as late as 1911.
The collection includes 2 designs for Christmas cards. One is signed by both Elizabeth Wright Ingram and Gordon Ingram. The other is signed by only Gordon.
Marie-Louise Laleyan (1935-2014) was a San Francisco based architect with 48 years of experience including 30 years as principal of Laleyan Architects (1977-2007). The collection contains architectural drawings, specifications, construction files, and photographs relating to projects undertaken by Marie-Louise Laleyan (1977-2007) and Laleyan Architects (1972-1977). Photographic record of her U.S. employment (1965-1972) is also present.
Martha Manevich, architect of Argentina and the United States. Collection contains drawings of three projects developed, 1963-1965, at the University of Buenos Aires, Argentina: a school, a hospital and an urban center. Also included are FAIA Fellowship Nomination materials (1995) for her work in heath care facilities.
- Women -- History 11
- Architects 8
- Architectural drawings (visual works) 8
- History of Women in Architecture 7
- Architecture -- Study and teaching 3
- Architects and community 2
- Architectural drawing -- 20th century 2
- Women-owned architectural firms 2
- Advertising cards 1
- Architects -- Virginia 1
- Interior design 1
- Women architects -- Russia 1 ∧ less
- English 11
- Bulgarian 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Japanese 1
- Russian 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1 ∧ less
- Bacon, John, I, 1740-1799 (English sculptor) 1
- Brickman, Pearl M. 1
- Coade, Eleanor, 1733-1821 1
- Cochrane, Margaret Ann 1
- Gottlieb, Lois Davidson 1
- Gramatikova, Lilia 1
- Hall, Louise 1
- Hawkshaw, Edith F. 1
- Ingraham, Elizabeth Wright, 1922-2013 1
- Ingraham, Gordon, d.1999 1
- King, Dorothée 1
- Laleyan, Marie-Louise, 1935-2014 1
- Manevich, Martha Bil 1
- Matsukawa-Tsuchida, Junko 1
- New York World's Fair 1939, Inc. 1
- Schroeder, Han, 1918-1992 1
- Shchetinina, Anna Alexandrovna 1
- Suzuki, Michihiko 1
- Torre, Susana, 1944- 1
- Waisberg, Myriam, b.1911 1
- Whitman, Bertha Yerex, b.1892 1
- Wray, P. 1 ∧ less