Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 12
The Blake W. Corson, Jr., Papers are comprised of professional and personal files, correspondence, and published materials from 1861-1984 (bulk, 1934-1979), primarily relating to his career as an engineer at NASA Langley.
The collection consists of Robert R. Gilruth's papers, notes, records, articles, photographs, awards, degrees, certificates, and artifacts from 1936-1989.
The collection consists of approximately 28 cu. ft. of manuscripts, particularly NACA and NASA reports and documents, meeting notes and agendas, and research materials. A later donation contains the manuscript for 2001 Kraft's autobiography.
The collection contains the autobiography (typescript draft) of William Hewitt Phillips, NACA and NASA Langley Research Center aerospace engineer; chief of Flight Dynamics and Control Division from 1970 to 1979.
The collection includes the papers of William Hewitt Phillips, NACA and NASA Langley Research Center aerospace engineer (and chief of Flight Dynamics and Control Division from 1970 to 1979), including lecture notes, reports and memoranda tracing the development of Phillips' theories while at Langley, spanning from his work on World War II-era aircraft to the early U.S. space program and beyond, as well as his interest in model aircraft.
This collection includes twenty-one booklets from the Collins General Aviation Division of Rockwell International contain information regarding products of the division, such as Electronic Flight Instrument system and Weather Radar systems. One booklet is from Dorne & Margolin, Inc., about their antennas and accessories.
The collection includes research files, personal notes, film scripts, and publications collected by Soule, an aerospace engineer, on the fields of aviation, aeronautics, and aerospace, particularly on the NACA and NASA programs, including the X-1 and X-15 jets, and the Mercury and Gemini space programs.
- United States -- National Aeronautics and Space Administration -- Officials and employees 11
- Aerospace engineers 5
- United States -- National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics -- Officials and employees 5
- Aeronautical engineers 4
- Businesspeople 2
- Physicists 2
- Physics 2
- University History 2
- Aeronautics 1
- Blueprints (reprographic copies) 1
- Brochures 1
- Correspondence 1
- Engineering Drawings 1
- Memorandums 1
- Pamphlets 1
- University Archives 1
- Women -- History 1 ∧ less
- United States. National Aeronautics and Space Administration 11
- United States. National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics 5
- Phillips, William H. (William Hewitt), 1918-2009 2
- Project Apollo (U.S.) 2
- Project Gemini (U.S.) 2
- Avitabile, James J. 1
- Becker, John Vernon, 1913- 1
- Bierman, David 1
- Corson, Blake W. 1
- Duberg, John E. (John Edward), 1917- 1
- Gilruth, Robert R. (Robert Rowe), 1913- 1
- Kraft, Christopher C. 1
- Langley Aeronautical Laboratory 1
- Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center (1973-) 1
- Manned Spacecraft Center (1961-1973) (U.S.) 1
- Parker, W. Dale (William Dale), 1925-2007 1
- Project Mercury (U.S.) 1
- Rockwell International 1
- Soule, Hartley A. (Hartley Aiken), 1904-1988 1
- Townsend, John W., Jr. (John William), 1924-2011 1
- Townsend, Marjorie Rhodes, 1930-2015 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 1 ∧ less