Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
This collection consists of eight letters written by American author Sherwood Anderson to Llewellyn Jones between 1916 and 1924 with three undated (but likely from the same period). Jones was the literary editor for the Chicago Evening Post. The correspondence primarily discusses the reviews of Anderson's works by Jones and other critics.
The collection consists of five typescript short stories and a set of galley proofs written and signed by Erskine Caldwell.
This collection contains four letters written by American author James T. Farrell to Eleanor Copenhaver Anderson between February 1952 and May of 1954.
This collection contains two main sets of materials: Correspondence between Louis I. Jaffe and J. J. Lankes from 1930 to 1942 and correspondence between Alice Jaffe (Louis' widow) and J. B. Lankes (J. J.'s son) from 1980 to 1985. In addition, there is a small folder of notes and letter excerpts created by J. B. Lankes in the early 1980s.
The collection consists of four letters, all written while Henry James was in England, one each to Lady Grace Baring, "Mrs. Sheridan," the Society of Authors, and writer George Gissing.
This collection contains the author's proof of Berry Morgan's novel, Pursuit (1966).
This collection contains several series of materials: correspondence to and from Sherwood Anderson, correspondence and research files about Sherwood Anderson, and a small group of photographs, audio, video, and graphic art materials. Materials generated by Anderson date from 1918-1940. Other materials date from about 1929-2006.
The collection consists of a brief letter to William Allen White on December 2, 1920, from Mary Ethel McAuley of The Wanderer of the Pittsburgh Dispatch, with White's response on the same letter.
- Correspondence 3
- American Literature -- Virginia 2
- Authors 2
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 2
- Art, American -- Virginia -- 20th century 1
- Anderson, Sherwood (Sherwood Berton), 1876-1941 4
- Anderson, Eleanor Copenhaver, 1896-1985 2
- Lankes, Julius J., 1884-1960 2
- Anderson, Robert Lane, 1907-1951 1
- Caldwell, Erskine, 1903-1987 1
- Farrell, James T. (James Thomas), 1904-1979 1
- Jaffe, Alice Cohn Rice, 1905-1994 1
- Jaffe, Louis I. (Louis Isaac), 1888-1950 1
- James, Henry, 1843-1916 1
- Jones, Llewellyn, 1884-1961 1
- Lankes, J. B. (Julius B.), 1915-2010 1
- McAuley, Mary Ethel 1
- Morgan, Berry, 1919-2002 1
- Taylor, Welford Dunaway 1
- White, William Allen, 1868-1944 1 ∧ less