Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
The collection consists of a ledger for the Adams Express Company recording shipments being moved from Hot Springs, Virginia, to Warm Springs, Virginia, between May and September of 1912.
The collection contains various receipts mostly from Augusta and Bath County, VA. These items date from 1780 to 1848.
Family newsletters written by H. William Gabriel of Florence, Montana, about his research into the history of the Hickman family of Back Creek, Bath County, Virginia. Includes extensive information about William P. Hickman (1810-64), a Presbyterian preacher who ministered to congregations in Wythe, Pulaski, and Montgomery counties, Virginia, until his death in May 1864, fighting with the Confederate forces at the Battle of Cloyd's Mountain during the Civil War.
The Warm Springs, Virginia, Ledgers collection includes 26 ledgers divided that account for the business of John E. Criser, J. S. Kelley, Blakey and Hamilton Co., and Yancey and Faulkner, as well as others in and around the town of Warm Springs. Ledgers date from 1884-1942, but the majority are from 1900-1920. The various companies appear to have done assorted business with each other as they appear sporadically in each other's ledgers.
- Subject: Bath County (Va.) X
- Alleghany County (Va.) 1
- Augusta County (Va.) 1
- Blacksburg (Va.) 1
- Civil War 1
- Ledgers (account books) 1
- Maps (documents) 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1
- Railroad -- Maps 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1 ∧ less
- Adams Express Company (1854-2015) 1
- Coleman, Albert J. 1
- Criser, John E., 1877-1940 (Warm Springs, VA) 1
- Hamilton, J. W. (Warm Springs, Va) 1
- Kincad (Kinkaid), Charles (Augusta County) 1
- Kinkead, John (Augusta County and Bath County, VA) 1
- Kinkead, Robert 1
- Kinon (Kenon?), John 1 ∧ less