Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
1864 map of Campbell County created by the Confederate Engineers Bureau (1982 reproduction from the Virginia Historical Society).
Letter from Virginia legislator Francis B. Deane, Jr., written to Montgomery County lawyer William Ballard Preston in 1857, suggesting Preston enlist the assistance of "Mr. Hunter" [U. S. Senator Robert Mercer Taliaferro Hunter] before traveling overseas on his mission to establish a commercial trade line between Norfolk, Virginia and Europe.
Letter from James Morris Hicks, a student at Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (now Virginia Tech) to his father, discussing cadet drilling, his recent election to the position of vice president of the freshman class, and replies to news from home.
- Subject: Campbell County (Va.) X
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 2
- Campbell County (Va.) -- Maps 1
- Civil War 1
- Maps (documents) 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Battlefields Maps 1
- United States -- Maps 1
- University History 1 + ∧ less
- Campbell, Albert H. (Albert Henry), 1826-1899 1
- Confederate Engineer Bureau 1
- Deane, F. B., Jr. (Frances B.) (Deane & Son Foundry, Lynchburg, Va.) 1
- Dwight, C. S. 1
- Gilmer, Jeremy Francis, 1818-1883 1