Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 23
The Harkrader & Sarver Account Books contain two daybooks from a Christiansburg, Virginia wholesaler in feed, seed and other agricultural products, providing names, dates, goods purchased, and prices for each transaction.
Collection consists of three partial letters from John Ingles. The letters are poor copies, possibly thermo fax, and lack the first part of each letter. At least one letter mentions Christiansburg, Virginia.
Map shows streets of Christiansburg, Virginia. It includes a note identifying the original map creator (Childress Hall) and street names.
Map shows Montgomery County and Pulaski County, with Blacksburg, Christiansburg, and Radford, Virginia. it contains street indices for each city and town, as well as various advertisements and descriptions of places of interest.
In general, vertical files at Special Collections and University Archives include newspaper clippings, photocopies, ephemera, unpublished and/or informal publications, and other papers relating to a specific subject area. Files in this collection relate to Christiansburg, Montgomery County, and their history. Each topic below has at least one folder and many include cross references.
The collection contains ephemera relating to Montgomery Female College in Christiansburg, Virginia, including programs and certificates.
Insurance map shows part of Christiansburg, Virginia. Reproduction is in the negative.
The collection contains project files and drawings related to more than 1,500 residences, churches, businesses, schools, and community buildings, predominantly in the Roanoke and Southwest Virginia area, designed by Smithey & Boynton, mostly between 1935 and 1957.
The collection contains a note written by Major Charles S. Stringfellow at Christiansburg, Virginia, to Colonel W. L. Jackson on May 25, 1862.
- Subject: Christiansburg (Va.) X
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 21
- Montgomery County (Va.) 20
- Maps (documents) 7
- Virginia -- Maps 6
- Blacksburg (Va.) 4
- Radford (Va.) 3
- Civil War 2
- Pulaski County (Va.) 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- Women -- History 2
- Account books 1
- Architects -- Virginia 1
- Architectural drawing -- 20th century 1
- Bedford County (Va.) 1
- Buchanan County (Va.) 1
- Carroll County (Va.) 1
- Confederate States of America 1
- Covington (Va.) 1
- Education, Secondary 1
- Franklin County (Va.) 1
- Home economics 1
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) 1
- Roanoke (Va.) 1
- Russell County (Va.) 1
- Salem (Va.) 1
- Tazewell County (Va.) 1
- Vertical files 1
- Virginia, Southwest 1
- Wythe County (Va.) 1 + ∧ less
- Miller, Lewis, 1796-1882 2
- Boynton, Henry B., 1899-1991 1
- Chace, George 1
- Chace, Jacob 1
- Christiansburg Presbyterian Church (Christiansburg, Va.) 1
- Confederate States of America. Department of the Treasury 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution. Colonel William Christian Chapter (Christiansburg, Va.) 1
- Gardner, C. B. 1
- Geological Survey (U.S.) 1
- Hall, Childress 1
- Hotel Roanoke 1
- Montgomery Female College (Christiansburg, Va.) 1
- O.W. Gray & Son 1
- R. Stuart Royer & Associates 1
- Rotary Club (1923-) (Christiansburg-Blacksburg, Va.) 1
- Sanborn-Perris Map Co. 1
- Smithey & Boynton, Architects and Engineers (1935-1992) (Roanoke, Va.) 1
- Stringfellow, Charles S. (Charles Strother), 1837-1912 1
- Terrascape Publications (Firm) 1
- United States. Bureau of Refugees, Freedmen, and Abandoned Lands 1
- Wall, Harry A. 1
- Walters, H. D. (Harvey D.) (Jeweler) 1
- Williams, William 1 + ∧ less