Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 17
Papers of Anthony L. Asher, who served as a U. S. Army explosives instructor staff officer in France during World War I and later organized and commanded Company K, 150th Infantry, West Virginia National Guard during the West Virginia mine wars. Includes correspondence relating to Company K, 150th Infantry, West Virginia National Guard (and to military charges brought against Asher for theft and unauthorized absence) and photographs.
This photograph album includes images of coal mining operations and related industries within West Virginia and Virginia.
Geological Map of a Portion of the Flat-Top Coal Field Showing the Approximate Outcrop of the Pocahontas or No. 3 Coal Bed in McDowell County, West Virginia
Map shows the coal beds at Flat-Top Coal Fields in McDowell County, West Virginia. It contains an index of openings in the coal bed, and a scale of sections, as well as a key to limestone and shale locations.
Map shows property of Hard Coal Mines in Montgomery County, Virginia.
The collection contains eight different black and white prints depicting common coal mining scenes in Bluefield, West Virginia, created by native artist Olin P. Keyes in 1970.
This collection includes the photocopied typescript of the reminiscences of Harriet Eliza Lathrop, a native of New York who moved to Tazewell County, Virginia with her husband, employed there to oversee the opening of the Pocahontas Coal Field.
Map shows Pocahontas Coal Field, with index of mines and their owners. Map is bordered by images of the mines listed on the map.
The Mullens Smokeless Coal Company Records consist mainly of ledgers and cash books which detail company accounts, coal buyers, and billings. Also included are certificates of capital stock, Mining Laws from the West Virginia Legislature, and various publications pertaining to coal mining. Based in Mullens, West Virginia, the Mullens Smokeless Coal Company was owned by Harry Meade and also known as Harmco Smokeless Coal Company.
The collection consists of maps, blueprints, and files of the New Jersey Zinc Corporation operations in Austinville, Virgina.
- Maps (documents) 8
- Virginia -- Maps 6
- Montgomery County (Va.) 5
- Railroad 3
- West Virginia -- Maps 3
- Coal Strike, W. Va., 1920-1921 2
- Strikes and lockouts -- Coal mining -- West Virginia 2
- West Virginia 2
- Blacksburg (Va.) 1
- Ledgers (account books) 1
- Photographs 1
- Science and Technology 1
- Students and alumni 1
- Tazewell County (Va.) 1
- Virginia 1
- Women -- History 1
- Wythe County (Va.) 1 + ∧ less
- Murrill, A. 2
- Wall, W. F. 2
- Air Reduction Company (1915-1971) 1
- Asher, Anthony L. 1
- Bertha Mineral Company 1
- D'Invilliers, Edward 1
- Fishburn, Junius Blair 1
- Foster, A. G. 1
- G.W. & C.B. Colton & Co. 1
- Geological Survey (U.S.) 1
- Hard Coal Mines Inc 1
- Hornbarger, Hiram 1
- Huddle family 1
- Huddle, Charles, Jr. 1
- Huddle, Charles, Sr. 1
- Huddle, Royall 1
- Ivanhoe Furnace Company 1
- Ivanhoe Mining and Smelting Corporation 1
- Keyes, Olin P. 1
- Koepler, W. E. E. 1
- Lathrop, Harriet Eliza 1
- Martin, Otho 1
- Montgomery Anthracite Coal Co 1
- Mullens Smokeless Coal Company 1
- National Carbide Company 1
- New Jersey Zinc Company 1
- Norfolk and Western Railroad Company (1881-1896) 1
- Pocahontas Operators Association 1
- Price, Harvey Lee, 1874-1951 1
- Savage, Lon, 1928-2004 1
- Southern Anthracite Coal Company 1
- Southwest Virginia Improvement Company (1880-1901) 1
- Swann, John S. 1
- Union Lead Mining Company (Austinville, Va.) 1
- Virginia Anthracite Coal and Railway Company 1
- Wythe Lead and Zinc Mine Company 1 + ∧ less