Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 26
This collection consists of the family business papers, primarily of John Kammerer and his son, Joseph Kammerer. In addtion, there is material from George W. Jones (likely a business parter or associate) and genearl corresponse relating to the family businesses. Materials date from 1842 to 1914, thought most items are from before 1900.
This collection contains a copy of a license for the Tankersley Tavern in Charlotte County, Virginia. The document is dated February 5th, 1799.
The Thomas Lilley Distilling Account contains a record of rum distilling kept on a repurposed printed Virginia Militia inventory return.
The Los Angeles Modern Bartending School Collection includes two bartending guides for students. The untitled “Bartender’s Guide” is likely from the 1930s, around 1935 and is presumed to be the first edition. It contains information on wines & wine service, bar preparation and maintenance, spirits, and cocktail recipes. The "277 Standard/100 Tropical Recipes" is a 1944 revised edition and includes cocktail recipes in two sections.
The collection consists of an advertisement from the Lowenback Brothers liquor distributors in Alexandria, Virginia, c.1910s.
The collection contains breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, and beverage menus from the Norfolk & Western Railway, as well as two unused carbon copy checks for Norfolk & Western Railway's Dining Car Service.
The collection includes a receipt from Old Kentucky Distillery for five barrels of Cherokee Springs whiskey deposited by Bluthenthal & Bickart distillery of Georgia in 1901.
This collection contains pamphlets separated from the Lynne Olver Cookbook Collection, as well as some email correspondence related to scholarship by Olver and a personal objects. The pamphlets make up the majority of the collection, represent several hundred different companies, and date from about the 1890s-the early 2000s.
This collection contains a household and farming ledger owned by a Shropshire, England family, dating 1832-1867. Two articles and a letter report the discovery of coal in Shropshire. The ledger also contains financial records, notes on wine making and farming, instructions for care of cattle and pest control, and various receipes and remedies.
The collection contains a scrapbook of images from the liquor store window at the St. Francis Hotel in San Francisco, California. The collection likely dates from about the 1950s, though none of the items are specifically dated.
- Subject: Cocktail History Collection X
- Cocktails -- History 24
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 6
- Advertisements 3
- Culinary pamphlets 3
- Food Technology and Production 3
- Agriculture 2
- Civil War 2
- Ephemera 2
- Pamphlets 2
- Temperance 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- Wine and wine making 2
- Ann Hertzler Children's Cookbooks and Nutrition Literature Collection 1
- Architecture (discipline) 1
- Beer 1
- Correspondence 1
- Folk, historical, and patent medicine 1
- History of Women in Architecture 1
- Home economics 1
- Ledgers (account books) 1
- Medicine, Military -- History 1
- Patent medicines 1
- Postcards 1
- Prohibition -- United States -- History 1
- Railroad 1
- Roanoke (Va.) 1
- Rockbridge County (Va.) 1
- Virginia 1
- Virginia -- History 1
- Wine labels 1 + ∧ less
- United States. Bureau of Internal Revenue 2
- Bluthentahl & Bickart (1880-1919) (Georgia) 1
- Brady, Daniel C. E. (Daniel Charles Elliott), 1821-1878 1
- Breckinridge, John C. (John Cabell), 1821-1875 1
- Campbell, Frank Leslie, 1898-1979 1
- Dill, Joseph G., 1828-1886 1
- Hotel St. Francis (San Francisco, Calif.) 1
- Jordan, Joseph V. (Los Angeles Modern Bartending School) 1
- Kammerer, Joseph 1
- Los Angeles Modern Bartending School (before 1965) (Los Angeles, CA) 1
- Lowenbach Brothers (Alexandria, Va.) 1
- Norfolk and Western Railway Company (1896-1982) 1
- Old Kentucky Distillery (c.1880-1919) (Louisville, Kentucky) 1
- Olver, Lynne, d.2015 1
- Pitts, W. H. 1
- Price, Williamson 1
- Read, Thomas 1
- Scholz, Henry 1
- Scholz, Louis A. 1
- Stimmel Distilling Company (Norfolk, Va) 1
- The Virginia Brewing Company (1889-1916) (Roanoke, Va.) 1
- West, J. W., Rev. 1
- Woman’s Christian Temperance Union 1
- Woman’s Christian Temperance Union of Virginia 1 + ∧ less