Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 21
The collection consists of an advertisement from the Lowenback Brothers liquor distributors in Alexandria, Virginia, c.1910s.
The collection contains breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, and beverage menus from the Norfolk & Western Railway, as well as two unused carbon copy checks for Norfolk & Western Railway's Dining Car Service.
The collection includes a receipt from Old Kentucky Distillery for five barrels of Cherokee Springs whiskey deposited by Bluthenthal & Bickart distillery of Georgia in 1901.
This collection contains pamphlets separated from the Lynne Olver Cookbook Collection, as well as some email correspondence related to scholarship by Olver and a personal objects. The pamphlets make up the majority of the collection, represent several hundred different companies, and date from about the 1890s-the early 2000s.
The collection contains a scrapbook of images from the liquor store window at the St. Francis Hotel in San Francisco, California. The collection likely dates from about the 1950s, though none of the items are specifically dated.
The Stimmel Distilling Company Form consists of a single form with a price list on one side and an order blank on the reverse.
This binder contains a 1965 revised edition of a 1937 manual for students at the Los Angeles Modern Bartending School, later The Major School of Bartending. The manual has directions for tips and hints for bartenders, as well as a wide selection of standard and tropical cocktail recipes.
The colletion contains a set of forms used by the United States Bureau of Internal Revenue in the regulation of distilled spirits.
This collection includes a United States Internal Revenue Retail Liquor Dealer Stamp for Special Tax for the year 1876.
The Virginia Brewing Company letter was written on September 27, 1909 by Louis A. Scholz, President of the company, and Henry Scholz, Secretary and Treasurer of the company requesting support for anti-Prohibition laws in Virginia.
- Subject: Cocktails -- History X
- Cocktail History Collection 20
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 6
- Advertisements 3
- Culinary pamphlets 2
- Ephemera 2
- Pamphlets 2
- Temperance 2
- Agriculture 1
- Ann Hertzler Children's Cookbooks and Nutrition Literature Collection 1
- Architecture (discipline) 1
- Beer 1
- Civil War 1
- Correspondence 1
- Folk, historical, and patent medicine 1
- History of Women in Architecture 1
- Ledgers (account books) 1
- Patent medicines 1
- Postcards 1
- Prohibition -- United States -- History 1
- Railroad 1
- Roanoke (Va.) 1
- Rockbridge County (Va.) 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Virginia 1
- Wine and wine making 1
- Wine labels 1 ∧ less
- Bluthentahl & Bickart (1880-1919) (Georgia) 1
- Brady, Daniel C. E. (Daniel Charles Elliott), 1821-1878 1
- Campbell, Frank Leslie, 1898-1979 1
- Dill, Joseph G., 1828-1886 1
- Hotel St. Francis (San Francisco, Calif.) 1
- Jordan, Joseph V. (Los Angeles Modern Bartending School) 1
- Los Angeles Modern Bartending School (before 1965) (Los Angeles, CA) 1
- Lowenbach Brothers (Alexandria, Va.) 1
- Norfolk and Western Railway Company (1896-1982) 1
- Old Kentucky Distillery (c.1880-1919) (Louisville, Kentucky) 1
- Olver, Lynne, d.2015 1
- Scholz, Henry 1
- Scholz, Louis A. 1
- Stimmel Distilling Company (Norfolk, Va) 1
- The Virginia Brewing Company (1889-1916) (Roanoke, Va.) 1
- United States. Bureau of Internal Revenue 1
- West, J. W., Rev. 1
- Woman’s Christian Temperance Union 1
- Woman’s Christian Temperance Union of Virginia 1 ∧ less