Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
This collection consists of eight letters written by American author Sherwood Anderson to Llewellyn Jones between 1916 and 1924 with three undated (but likely from the same period). Jones was the literary editor for the Chicago Evening Post. The correspondence primarily discusses the reviews of Anderson's works by Jones and other critics.
This collection contains several series of materials: correspondence to and from Sherwood Anderson, correspondence and research files about Sherwood Anderson, and a small group of photographs, audio, video, and graphic art materials. Materials generated by Anderson date from 1918-1940. Other materials date from about 1929-2006.
- Art, American -- Virginia -- 20th century 1
- Authors 1
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 1
- Photographs 1
- Ripshin (Grayson County, Va.) 1
- Anderson, Eleanor Copenhaver, 1896-1985 1
- Anderson, Robert Lane, 1907-1951 1
- Jones, Llewellyn, 1884-1961 1
- Lankes, Julius J., 1884-1960 1
- Taylor, Welford Dunaway 1