Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
The collection includes 27 letters (some with covers and envelopes) written by Mary Sinton Leitch to J. J. Lankes between 1932 and 1950. Introduced by a mutual friend, Leitch and Lankes maintained a more than 18-year correspondence that contained conversations of personal news & friends, the Virginia literary and art scene, and their own writing and artistic efforts (including Lankes collaborations with poet Robert Frost).
This collection contains several series of materials: correspondence to and from Sherwood Anderson, correspondence and research files about Sherwood Anderson, and a small group of photographs, audio, video, and graphic art materials. Materials generated by Anderson date from 1918-1940. Other materials date from about 1929-2006.
- Art, American -- Virginia -- 20th century 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Photographs 1
- Ripshin (Grayson County, Va.) 1
- Anderson, Eleanor Copenhaver, 1896-1985 1
- Anderson, Robert Lane, 1907-1951 1
- Anderson, Sherwood (Sherwood Berton), 1876-1941 1
- Frost, Robert, 1874-1963 1
- Jaffe, Louis I. (Louis Isaac), 1888-1950 1