Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
The collection includes small publications and pamphlets created and distributed by culinary, appliance, and food-related companies from about the 1870s to the 1990s. Most pamphlets contain advertisements, recipes, product information, testimonials, or some combination of all four.
The Educational Cookery Collection includes flyers, pamphlets, cooking school catalogs, recipes, menus, cookery lessons, and other ephemera relating to cookery and education, dating from the 1880s to the 1960s.
The collection contains publications on topics including, but not limited to: war-time food use and victory gardens, home planning and organization, food and cooking, home demonstration, and household management. Although the emphasis in on Virginia state and local agencies, materials may also originate from around the United States.
- Ann Hertzler Children's Cookbooks and Nutrition Literature Collection 2
- Home economics 2
- Pamphlets 2
- Agricultural extension work 1
- Agriculture 1
- Children -- Nutrition 1
- Cocktail History Collection 1
- Cocktails -- History 1
- Ephemera 1
- Folk, historical, and patent medicine 1
- Menus 1
- Nutrition 1
- Patent medicines 1
- Science and Technology 1
- Traditional medicine 1 + ∧ less
- Virginia Cooperative Extension (1995-) 1
- Virginia Cooperative Extension Service 1