Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
This collection contains a series of photographs of the doctors and nurses from a hospital in Danville, Virginia, during the 1930s. The hospital is most likely the Memorial Hospital or Community Hospital.
The collection contains a letter written by Joseph Eames to the Confederate Secretary of War, April 20, 1863 in regards to petitioning the secretary to reassign his son, Pope Eames, to the Danville Gun Factory on account of Pope's being to sick to serve in the field.
- Subject: Danville (Va.) X
- Civil War 1
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 1
- Photographs 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Virginia Infantry Regiment, 57th 1
- Confederate States of America. War Department 1
- Eames, Joseph 1
- Memorial Hospital (Danville, Va.) 1