Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Four letters written by James H. Cronkhite (1827-1873), serving in Company I, 4th Minnesota Infantry during the American Civil War, to wife Jennie in Warsaw (Rice County), Minnesota, from camps and a division hospital in Mississippi.
The collection consists of three letters written by Pvt. Charles N. Hawkins and Pvt. George Rock to Hawkins's cousin, Dollie L. Eakin, between August 1863 and April 1864.
The collection consists of the diary of William J. Lacey, a private with Company C, 11th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry. Entries in the diary are scattered and range from simple notes about the weather and letter writing to Lacey's experiences at First Manassas/Battle of Bull Run, and most date from 1861.
The collection contains four letters written by Union Civil War soldier William Moore, Private, Company E, 27th Kentucky Infantry. Letters primarily detail Moore's desire to return home and concerns over both his and his wife's health. An additional two letters by Capt. J.R. Robinson concern Moore's poor health and his subsequent death.
The collection includes the diary documenting the life of a Methodist circuit pastor, salesman, and farmer from Washington, Ohio, from 1878 to 1881, including comments on religious practices, death and disease, farming, business, and elections.
This collection contains materials dealing with the Panama Canal, the public health activities of the Rockefeller Foundation, the United Nations Public Health Service, and the United Nations Relief and Rehabilitation Administration. Also includes correspondence to and from Daniel E. Wright while a colonel on the staff of Gen. Joseph W. Stilwell and at the U.S. Middle Eastern Command Headquarters in Cairo, as well as photographs from his travels.
- Civil War 5
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 5
- Medicine 3
- Advertisements 1
- Diaries 1
- Medicine, Military -- History 1
- Photographs 1
- Science and Technology 1
- Students and alumni 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Diaries 1 ∧ less
- Booth, John Wilkes, 1838-1865 1
- Chronkhite, James H. 1
- Eakin, Dollie L. 1
- Hawkins, Charles N., c.1845-? (22nd Regiment, Virginia Infantry (1st Kanawha Regiment)) 1
- Herold, David E., 1842-1865 1
- Lacey, William J., b.1835(?) 1
- Moore, William, d.1862 1
- Robinson, J. R. (27th Regiment, Kentucky Infantry) 1
- Rock, George W. (22nd Regiment, Virginia Infantry (1st Kanawha Regiment)) 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 1
- Wright, Daniel E. 1 ∧ less