Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 25
The Agrico Farmer's Account Book contains handwritten notes throughout from an unidentified farmer. The entries include documentation of cattle birth and sales. The book was published by the American Agricultural Chemical Company to advertise Agrico fertilizer.
The Agricultural Ephemera Collection was established in 2015. The collection consists of materials in a variety of formats (advertisements, order forms and blanks, postcards, clippings, and more) that relate to agriculture, farming, livestock, and poultry & fowl, dating from the late 19th century to the present.
The collections contains a receipt for D. S. Peirce dated September 18, 1874, for the purchase of apples from the New River Nursery in Jackson's Ferry, Wythe County, Va.
Burnett's Wheat Fan Instructions was printed in Salem, Virginia in September 1851, and it contains directions on how to use C. M. Burnett's patent beveled wheat fan.
This collection contains three letters from "produce commission merchant" C. E. Sydnor & Co. of Richmond, Virginia, to the Tarter Brothers of Rural Retreat, primarily related to the purchase and shipment of cabbages.
Single-page advertising flyer and price list for J. E. Cooley, grocer, New York, NY, dated 1863.
The Culinary Ephemera Collection was established in 2013. The collection consists of materials in a variety of formats (postcards, menus, children's activities, advertising pamphlets, and more) that relate to food, nutrition, and medicine, dating from the early 19th century to the present.
The collection includes small publications and pamphlets created and distributed by culinary, appliance, and food-related companies from about the 1870s to the 1990s. Most pamphlets contain advertisements, recipes, product information, testimonials, or some combination of all four.
The collection contains a letter and broadside advertisement for De Laval Cream Separators, addressed to Mr. S. D. Stokes of Roanoke, Virginia, dated February 2, 1925, as well as a pamphlet for "The De Laval Cream Separator 'No. 10'."
The Educational Cookery Collection includes flyers, pamphlets, cooking school catalogs, recipes, menus, cookery lessons, and other ephemera relating to cookery and education, dating from the 1880s to the 1960s.
- Subject: Food Technology and Production X
- Agriculture 11
- Nutrition 6
- Advertisements 4
- Agricultural extension work 4
- Ann Hertzler Children's Cookbooks and Nutrition Literature Collection 4
- Culinary pamphlets 4
- Ephemera 4
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 4
- Children -- Nutrition 3
- Cocktail History Collection 3
- Home economics 3
- Science and Technology 3
- Advertising cards 2
- Cocktails -- History 2
- Folk, historical, and patent medicine 2
- Menus 2
- Pamphlets 2
- Patent medicines 2
- Postcards 2
- World War, 1939-1945 2
- Wythe County (Va.) 2
- Civil War 1
- Education, Higher 1
- Games 1
- Health 1
- Home demonstration work 1
- Ledgers (account books) 1
- Medicine 1
- New York (N.Y.) -- History -- 1775-1865 1
- New York (State) -- History -- 1775-1865 1
- Puzzles and games 1
- Salem (Va.) 1
- Trade cards 1
- Traditional medicine 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Wine and wine making 1 + ∧ less
- Virginia Cooperative Extension (1995-) 2
- Virginia Cooperative Extension Service 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 2
- American Agricultural Chemical Company 1
- Bridges & Sanders. New River Nursery 1
- Burnett, C. M. 1
- C. E. Sydnor & Co. (Richmond, Va.) 1
- De Laval Separator Company 1
- Food and Agricultural Education Information System (Texas A & M University) 1
- J. E. Cooley, General Commission Merchant (New York, (N.Y.)) 1
- Kammerer, Joseph 1
- Keyes, Ralph 1
- Quality Chemical Company 1
- Ross, Alice, 1930- 1
- Tarter Bros. (Rural Retreat, Va.) 1
- United States. Agricultural Research Service 1
- United States. Department of Agriculture 1
- United States. Department of Health and Human Services 1
- United States. Division of Home Economics 1
- United States. War Food Administration 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 1 + ∧ less