Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 23
Agricultural Ephemera Collection
The Agricultural Ephemera Collection was established in 2015. The collection consists of materials in a variety of formats (advertisements, order forms and blanks, postcards, clippings, and more) that relate to agriculture, farming, livestock, and poultry & fowl, dating from the late 19th century to the present.
Bridges & Sanders, New River Nursery Receipt,
The collections contains a receipt for D. S. Peirce dated September 18, 1874, for the purchase of apples from the New River Nursery in Jackson's Ferry, Wythe County, Va.
Burnett's Wheat Fan Instructions,
Burnett's Wheat Fan Instructions was printed in Salem, Virginia in September 1851, and it contains directions on how to use C. M. Burnett's patent beveled wheat fan.
C. E. Sydnor & Co. Letters to Tarter Bros.
This collection contains three letters from Richmond merchant C. E. Snydor & Co. to the Tarter Brothers of Wythe County, primarily related to the purchase and shipment of cabbages.
J. E. Cooley [New York] Advertising Broadside,
Single-page advertising flyer and price list for J. E. Cooley, grocer, New York, NY, dated 1863.
Culinary Ephemera Collection
The Culinary Ephemera Collection was established in 2013. The collection consists of materials in a variety of formats (postcards, menus, children's activities, advertising pamphlets, and more) that relate to food, nutrition, and medicine, dating from the early 19th century to the present.
Culinary Pamphlet Collection
The collection includes small publications and pamphlets created and distributed by culinary, appliance, and food-related companies from about the 1870s to the 1990s. Most pamphlets contain advertisements, recipes, product information, testimonials, or some combination of all four.
De Laval Separator Company Brochures
The collection contains a letter and broadside advertisement for De Laval Cream Separators, addressed to Mr. S. D. Stokes of Roanoke, Virginia, dated February 2, 1925, as well as a pamphlet for "The De Laval Cream Separator 'No. 10'."
Educational Cookery Collection
The Educational Cookery Collection includes flyers, pamphlets, cooking school catalogs, recipes, menus, cookery lessons, and other ephemera relating to cookery and education, dating from the 1880s to the 1960s.
Elledge Culinary Ephemera Collection
- Subject: Food Technology and Production X
- Agriculture 9
- Nutrition 6
- Advertisements 4
- Agricultural extension work 4
- Ann Hertzler Children's Cookbooks and Nutrition Literature Collection 4
- Culinary pamphlets 4
- Ephemera 4
- Children -- Nutrition 3
- Home economics 3
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 3
- Science and Technology 3
- Advertising cards 2
- Cocktail History Collection 2
- Cocktails -- History 2
- Folk, historical, and patent medicine 2
- Menus 2
- Pamphlets 2
- Patent medicines 2
- Postcards 2
- World War, 1939-1945 2
- Wythe County (Va.) 2
- Civil War 1
- Correspondence 1
- Education, Higher 1
- Games 1
- Health 1
- Home demonstration work 1
- Medicine 1
- New York (N.Y.) -- History -- 1775-1865 1
- New York (State) -- History -- 1775-1865 1
- Puzzles and games 1
- Salem (Va.) 1
- Trade cards 1
- Traditional medicine 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1 + ∧ less
- Virginia Cooperative Extension (1995-) 2
- Virginia Cooperative Extension Service 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 2
- Bridges & Sanders. New River Nursery 1
- Burnett, C. M. 1
- De Laval Separator Company 1
- Food and Agricultural Education Information System (Texas A & M University) 1
- J. E. Cooley, General Commission Merchant (New York, (N.Y.)) 1
- Kammerer, Joseph 1
- Keyes, Ralph 1
- Quality Chemical Company 1
- Ross, Alice, 1930- 1
- Tarter Bros. (Rural Retreat, Va.) 1
- United States. Agricultural Research Service 1
- United States. Department of Agriculture 1
- United States. Department of Health and Human Services 1
- United States. Division of Home Economics 1
- United States. War Food Administration 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 1 + ∧ less