Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
The Anti-Asian Panic and the Pandemic: A Virtual Teach-In Collection includes video, audio, and text files recorded by Zoom for the teach-in event. It also includes the event flyer, notes on Coronavirus discrimination in the news, and a follow-up reading list.
Correspondence with potential guests and customers of Craig Healing Springs, a resort hotel in Craig County, Virginia, relate to reservations, pricing, accommodations, and the restorative powers of the spring water.
The Culinary Ephemera Collection was established in 2013. The collection consists of materials in a variety of formats (postcards, menus, children's activities, advertising pamphlets, and more) that relate to food, nutrition, and medicine, dating from the early 19th century to the present.
This collection contains booklets and broadsides related to the Hauser Institute of New York City, conducted by food scientist Benjamin (Bengamin) Gayelord Hauser. They contain pseudoscientific instructions related to health and nutrition.
The Western Lunatic Asylum Collection includes correspondence written to the Western Lunatic Asylum in Staunton, Virginia, dating from 1840 through the late 19th century, as well as annual reports from the 1860s and 1900s.
- Subject: Health X
- Folk, historical, and patent medicine 3
- History of Food and Drink 2
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 2
- Medicine 2
- Advertisements 1
- Advertising cards 1
- Ann Hertzler Children's Cookbooks and Nutrition Literature Collection 1
- Asian American college students 1
- Children -- Nutrition 1
- Craig County (Va.) 1
- Ephemera 1
- Food Technology and Production 1
- Games 1
- Inclusion and diversity in higher education 1
- Menus 1
- Nutrition 1
- Patent medicines 1
- Postcards 1
- Puzzles and games 1
- Staunton (Va.) 1
- University Archives 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 ∧ less
- Craig Healing Springs (Craig County, Va.) 1
- Ha, Nina 1
- Hauser, Bengamin Gayelord, 1895-1984 1
- Stribling, Francis T. (Francis Taliaferro), 1810-1874 1
- Western Lunatic Asylum (Va.) 1