Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
The Agricultural Ephemera Collection was established in 2015. The collection consists of materials in a variety of formats (advertisements, order forms and blanks, postcards, clippings, and more) that relate to agriculture, farming, livestock, and poultry & fowl, dating from the late 19th century to the present.
Burnett's Wheat Fan Instructions was printed in Salem, Virginia in September 1851, and it contains directions on how to use C. M. Burnett's patent beveled wheat fan.
This collection contains numerous leaflets from the W. Atlee Burpee & Company from 1899-1915. The leaflets discuss planting, seed growing, and other agriculture strategies, and other gardening strageties for American garderners, farmers, and planters.
This collection contains four boxes of slide sets, some with related scripts, for the Virginia Cooperative Extension's Master Gardener Program. Most materials are undated, but likely date from between the 1970s and early 2000s. Topics include flowers, fruits, vegetables, trees, landscaping, gardening, composting, and careers in horticulture.
The collection contains United States Department of Agriculture, War Food Administration, and other national agency publications from the early 20th century to the present day.
The Alice Ross Ephemera Collection includes more than 2,000 pieces of ephemera related to food & culinary history, advertising/marketing, food production, agriculture, holidays and celebrations, and domestic culture, dating from the mid-19th to the mid/late 20th century.
The collection contains publications on topics including, but not limited to: war-time food use and victory gardens, home planning and organization, food and cooking, home demonstration, and household management. Although the emphasis in on Virginia state and local agencies, materials may also originate from around the United States.
This collection contains the final and draft versions of a 1988 report from the Virginia Congress on Hunger detailing the extent of hunger and poverty in the Commonwealth of Virginia, a news release about the report, and the 1985 report about hunger and poverty.
- Food Technology and Production 7
- Agricultural extension work 4
- Nutrition 3
- Advertisements 2
- Culinary pamphlets 2
- Ephemera 2
- Home economics 2
- Advertising cards 1
- Home demonstration work 1
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 1
- Postcards 1
- Salem (Va.) 1
- Trade cards 1 ∧ less
- Virginia Cooperative Extension (1995-) 2
- Virginia Cooperative Extension Service 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 2
- Burnett, C. M. 1
- Ross, Alice, 1930- 1
- United States. Agricultural Research Service 1
- United States. Department of Agriculture 1
- United States. Department of Health and Human Services 1
- United States. Division of Home Economics 1
- United States. War Food Administration 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 1
- W. Atlee Burpee Company 1 ∧ less