Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
This collection contains the personal papers of the Elliott and Elliot family of Massachusetts. Materials relate to the professional and personal lives of S. Maria Elliott and her family members, especially Rev. Moses Elliot [sic] and Richard M. Elliott.
This collection is a circa 1921 home remedies manual created by Samuel Hodgkins, a New York farmer. The manual contains recipes for making household items like paint and illness remedies for both humans and horses.
The collection consists of a daybook containing recipes, household remedies, and household cleaning tips, both handwritten and clipped from newspapers.
This collection contains a toy cooking set featured in the 1937 Sears Christmas Wish Book, along with a companion cookbook for young girls, The Little Cook Book Featuring Little Recipes for Little Girls by Leone Ann Heuer, a Sears, Roebuck and Co. cooking expert.
The Macon County, AL household book keeps: a variety of recipes and outline of duties for enslaved people. Entires within the book range from 1858 to 1918. Within the pages of the book, there are also a variety of letters and clipped articles kept in a scrapbook fashion.
The collection contains United States Department of Agriculture, War Food Administration, and other national agency publications from the early 20th century to the present day.
The Southwest Virginia Counties Collection includes correspondence, manuscript memoranda and recipe books, and family papers from the Godwin, Young, Trevey, Williams and other families of Botetourt, Rockbridge, and Roanoke Counties.
The collection contains publications on topics including, but not limited to: war-time food use and victory gardens, home planning and organization, food and cooking, home demonstration, and household management. Although the emphasis in on Virginia state and local agencies, materials may also originate from around the United States.
- Folk, historical, and patent medicine 3
- Food Technology and Production 3
- Traditional medicine 3
- Agricultural extension work 2
- Agriculture 2
- Culinary pamphlets 2
- Ann Hertzler Children's Cookbooks and Nutrition Literature Collection 1
- Cocktail History Collection 1
- Cocktails -- History 1
- Ephemera 1
- Family histories 1
- Home demonstration work 1
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 1
- Nutrition 1
- Photographs 1
- Toys 1
- Women -- History 1
- Women in higher education 1 + ∧ less
- Latin 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Bralley, John, 1797-1866 1
- Carter, Zoonomia D. Hoxey, fl.1840s-1850s 1
- Elliott, Moses, 1775-1849 1
- Elliott, Richard Moses, 1844-1908 1
- Elliott, S. Maria (Sophronia Maria), 1854-1942 1
- Figgat, Nancy Godwin, 1835-1919 1
- Heuer, Leone Ann 1
- Hodgkins, Samuel (New York) 1
- S. Maria Elliott family 1
- Sears, Roebuck and Company 1
- United States. Agricultural Research Service 1
- United States. Department of Agriculture 1
- United States. Department of Health and Human Services 1
- United States. Division of Home Economics 1
- United States. War Food Administration 1
- Virginia Cooperative Extension (1995-) 1
- Virginia Cooperative Extension Service 1 + ∧ less