Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 18
The collections contains a receipt for D. S. Peirce dated September 18, 1874, for the purchase of apples from the New River Nursery in Jackson's Ferry, Wythe County, Va.
This collection contains seven daily diaries (1904, 1909-1912, 1916, 1921) of Alexander W. Brown, traveling salesman in the food product business.
Burnett's Wheat Fan Instructions was printed in Salem, Virginia in September 1851, and it contains directions on how to use C. M. Burnett's patent beveled wheat fan.
This collection consists of a recipe book containing printed and handwritten recipes compiled by Katherine G. Cary. Recipes include soups, breads, fish, salad dressing, sauces, pickles, and more.
The collection consists of a manuscript receipt book created by/belonging to Bettie D. Cramer of Wheeling, West Virginia, c. 1883. The notebook contains recipes, housekeeping tips, and elocution exercises.
The collection consists of a letter from Joseph G. Dill to Daniel C. E. Brady, written from Richmond, Virginia, on May 30, 1862. Dill writes Brady on a variety of topics including recent war news, the challenges of sending mail through conflict zones, a recent fishing party, the warther, and the price of goods.
The Dr. Thomas' Eclectric Oil trade card is an advertisement for a cure-all serum marketed most popularly during the Victorian era. This particular trade card was distributed by James Aumann, M.D.—a druggist and chemist from Wytheville, Virginia.
This collection includes the papers of Gary Ann Giovanni, a chef, caterer and cooking teacher active in Blacksburg, Virginia. The collection contains records, menus, and recipes from her catering jobs and from the cooking classes she taught for the local YMCA Open University. Also includes material related to the various community organizations for which Gary worked or volunteered, and some material associated with her sister, poet Nikki Giovanni.
June 1942 menu, Hotel Roanoke Congratulates J. Ed Brown...60 Years Service, is signed by J. Ed Brown. Leather bound menu is undated. Assorted menus from reopened Hotel Roanoke, 1993.
This collection contains a glass plate with the image of a moonshine still near Ivanhoe, VA, c. 1932. There are also two black and white prints from the plate.
- Cocktail History Collection 5
- Cocktails -- History 5
- Folk, historical, and patent medicine 2
- Food Technology and Production 2
- Roanoke (Va.) 2
- Women -- History 2
- Agriculture 1
- Blacksburg (Va.) 1
- Civil War 1
- Correspondence 1
- Giles County (Va.) 1
- Greenbrier County (W. Va.) 1
- Home economics 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1
- Patent medicines 1
- Prohibition -- United States -- History 1
- Railroad 1
- Rockbridge County (Va.) 1
- Salem (Va.) 1
- Traditional medicine 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Virginia -- History 1
- West Virginia 1
- Wythe County (Va.) 1 ∧ less
- Brady, Daniel C. E. (Daniel Charles Elliott), 1821-1878 1
- Bralley, John, 1797-1866 1
- Bridges & Sanders. New River Nursery 1
- Brown, Alexander W. , 1878-? 1
- Burnett, C. M. 1
- Cary, Katherine Roy Gordon, b.1895 1
- Cramer, Bettie (Elizabeth?) D., b. abt. 1838? 1
- Dill, Joseph G., 1828-1886 1
- Figgat, Nancy Godwin 1
- Giovanni, Gary Ann, 1940-2005 1
- Godwin, Ann 1
- Greenbrier (White Sulphur Springs, W. Va.) 1
- Hotel Roanoke 1
- Litchfield, Elizabeth Pannill Pierce, abt. 1844-1892 1
- Litchfield, Mary Louisa, abt. 1828-1906 1
- Norfolk and Western Railway Company (1896-1982) 1
- Peacock Harper Culinary Friends 1
- Scholz, Henry 1
- Scholz, Louis A. 1
- Stimmel Distilling Company (Norfolk, Va) 1
- The Virginia Brewing Company (1889-1916) (Roanoke, Va.) 1 ∧ less