Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
This collection is a circa 1921 home remedies manual created by Samuel Hodgkins, a New York farmer. The manual contains recipes for making household items like paint and illness remedies for both humans and horses.
The collection consists of a daybook containing recipes, household remedies, and household cleaning tips, both handwritten and clipped from newspapers.
The Macon County, AL household book keeps: a variety of recipes and outline of slave duties. Entires within the book range from 1858 to 1918. Within the pages of the book, there are also a variety of letters and clipped articles kept in a scrapbook fashion.
The collection contains United States Department of Agriculture, War Food Administration, and other national agency publications from the early 20th century to the present day.
The collection includes correspondence, manuscript memoranda and recipe books, and family papers from the Godwin, Young, Trevey, Williams and other families of Botetourt, Rockbridge, and Roanoke Counties. Materials in this collection date from 1835-1878.
The collection contains publications on topics including, but not limited to: war-time food use and victory gardens, home planning and organization, food and cooking, home demonstration, and household management. Although the emphasis in on Virginia state and local agencies, materials may also originate from around the United States.
- Folk, historical, and patent medicine 3
- Traditional medicine 3
- Agricultural extension work 2
- Agriculture 2
- Food Technology and Production 2
- Culinary pamphlets 1
- Home demonstration work 1
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 1
- Nutrition 1
- Women -- History 1 ∧ less
- Bralley, John, 1797-1866 1
- Carter, Zoonomia D. Hoxey, fl.1840s-1850s 1
- Figgat, Nancy Godwin 1
- Godwin, Ann 1
- Hodgkins, Samuel (New York) 1
- United States. Agricultural Research Service 1
- United States. Department of Agriculture 1
- United States. Department of Health and Human Services 1
- United States. Division of Home Economics 1
- United States. War Food Administration 1
- Virginia Cooperative Extension (1995-) 1
- Virginia Cooperative Extension Service 1 ∧ less