Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 16
A Map of the Rapids of the Ohio River and of the Counties on Each Side Thereof, So Far, as to Include the Routes Contemplated for Canal Navigation (reproduction)
Map illustrates the Ohio River rapids near Louisville, Kentucky. It also contains an illustrations of the view of Louisville, near Clarksville. Reproduction dates to 1979.
A New Map of Kentucky
Map shows the state of Kentucky, divided into counties. It contains a mileage chart, as well as inset maps of Lexington, the Falls of the Ohio River, and Clarksburg. Reproduction dates to 1979.
C and O for Progress (map)
Map depicting the C & O Railroad network in the Mid-Atlantic and Midwestern states (Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia, Washington, DC, and New York. Though undated, the map was issued some time between 1947, when the C & O acquired the Pere Marquette Railway of Michigan and Ontario, and 1972, when it adopted a new corporate name following a merger with the ancient Baltimore & Ohio Railroad.
General Highway Map, Greenup County, Kentucky
Map shows highways in Greenup County, Kentucky, with some hand-written annotations. Surrounding the county map are small maps of towns within the county.
Kentucky and Tennessee
Map shows Kentucky and Tennessee, circa 1870.
Kentucky and Tennessee (reproduction)
Map shows Kentucky and Tennessee circa 1867. Reproduction dates to 1979.
Kentucky Geological Survey Preliminary Map
Map is a preliminary compilation of various surveys of Kentucky, showing the geology of the state. It contains explanations of various sections, as well as a general cross-section of Greenup, Boyd, Carter, and Lawrence counties.
Kentucky, Reduced from Elihu Barker's Large Map (reproduction)
Map shows Kentucky, and it contains a note explaining that this map was "engraved for Carey's American Edition of Guthrie's Geography improved." Reproduction dates to 1979.
Map shows the state of Kentucky in the early nineteenth century. Reproduction dates to 1979.
Map of Kentucke (reproduction)
Maps are reproductions of the Filson map, which shows Kentucky, along with explanatory notes. The smaller map contains an historical interpretation on the reverse.
- Tennessee -- Maps 3
- Local/Regional History and Appalachian South 2
- Ohio -- Maps 2
- Railroad 2
- Virginia -- Maps 2
- Coal mines and mining 1
- Indiana -- Maps 1
- Michigan -- Maps 1
- New York -- Maps 1
- Railroad -- Maps 1
- Washington (D.C.) -- Maps 1
- West Virginia -- Maps 1 + ∧ less
- The University Press of Kentucky 7
- Adam and Charles Black (Firm) 1
- Barker, Elihu 1
- Bartholomew, John, 1831-1893 1
- Filson, John, ca. 1747-1788 1
- Geological Survey (U.S.) 1
- Goodman, John (Engraver) 1
- Greenup, Christopher, 1750-1818 1
- Hoeing, J. B. (Joseph Bernard), b.1855 1
- Kentucky Geological Survey 1
- Kentucky. Department of Highways 1
- Lesher, C. E. (Carl Eugene), b.1885 1
- Mitchell, S. Augustus (Samuel Augustus), 1792-1868 1
- Pursell, Henry D. 1
- Renner Sears & Co 1
- Scoles, John, 1772?-1853 1
- Shaler, Nathaniel Southgate, 1841-1906 1
- Tanner, Henry Schenck, 1786-1858 1 + ∧ less