Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract The Jeremiah W. Graves Collection includes a cash book, correspondence, receipts and ledger pages, newspaper clippings, and genealogy materials relating to the personal and business activities of Captain Jeremiah White Graves (1801-1878), a farmer, financial advisor, real estate broker, and enslaver of people in Cedar Hill, Pittsylvania County, Virginia.Genealogical materials in the collection relate to the histories for branches of the Graves, Whitehead, Hunt, and Jones...
Dates: 1836 - 1869
The Anna Whitehead Kenney Papers contains a collection of biographical information about local families compiled by Kenney during her time as a curator at Smithfield Plantation.
Dates: 1965 - 1972
- Blacksburg (Va.) 1
- Civil War 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1
- Slavery -- United States 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Women -- History 1 + ∧ less
- Graves, Jeremiah White (Pittsylvania County, Va.) 1
- Preston family (Abingdon, Va.) 1
- Preston family (Montgomery County, Va.) 1
- Preston family (Solitude, Blacksburg, Va.) 1
- Preston, Susanna Smith, 1740-1823 1