Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Chapman J. French Diaries
The collection contains twenty-three diaries meticulously written by Chapman J. French, a civil engineer for Norfolk & Western Railway, made during the years of 1906-1912, 1928-1935, and 1937-1944. The diaries relate French's daily activities at home and at work; they also include such items as addresses, cost accounts, and major league baseball scores.
Geological Map of a Portion of the Flat-Top Coal Field Showing the Approximate Outcrop of the Pocahontas or No. 3 Coal Bed in McDowell County, West Virginia
Map shows the coal beds at Flat-Top Coal Fields in McDowell County, West Virginia. It contains an index of openings in the coal bed, and a scale of sections, as well as a key to limestone and shale locations.
A. H. and William Gibboney Letter
The collection contains a letter sent from Tazewell, Virginia, in 1882 by A. H. and William Gibboney to W. R. Wharton, Esquire, concerning the breach of payment for workers that have left the corps of the Norfolk and Western Railroad (previously the Atlantic, Mississippi and Ohio Railroad).
Map of Pulaski, Pulaski County, Virginia
Map shows land in Pulaski, Virginia, owned by The Pulaski Land Co. and The Iron Belt Land, Mining, and Development Company. It contains an illustration in the upper left.
Norfolk & Western Financial Documents,
The collection contains bills and invoices from Norfolk & Western Railroad, Norfolk & Western Railway, and several subsidiaries and contracted companies.
Norfolk & Western Passenger Station Photograph, Marion, Virginia
The collection contains a photograph of the Norfolk & Western Passenger Station, in Marion, Virginia, n.d.
Norfolk & Western Railway Company Photograph
The collection contains a photograph of group believed to be Roanoke, Virginia employees of Norfolk & Western Railway Company.
Norfolk and Western Railway Accounting Department Personnel Records
Norfolk, Showing Property and Lines of the Norfolk and Western Railroad and Proposed Belt Line
Large map shows the proposed line and existing lines in and around Norfolk. Additional maps show the terminal facilities at Lambert Point and the passenger and freight facilities at Norfolk.
Norfolk & Western Railway and Associated Companies Collection
- Railroad 10
- Maps (documents) 4
- Virginia -- Maps 3
- Photographs 2
- Coal mines and mining 1
- Marion (Va.) 1
- Pulaski County (Va.) 1
- Radford (Va.) 1
- West Virginia -- Maps 1 + ∧ less
- Aberdeen & Asheboro Railway Company 1
- Adams Express Company (1854-2015) 1
- Bluefield Inn (W. Va.) 1
- Butler, W. H. 1
- Cincinnati Northern Railroad Company 1
- Cumberland Valley Railroad Company 1
- D'Invilliers, Edward 1
- Deepwater Railway Company (1898-1907) 1
- East Tennessee, Virginia, and Georgia Railway Company 1
- French, Chapman J. (Chapman Johnston) 1
- Geological Survey (U.S.) 1
- Gibboney, A. H. 1
- Gibboney, William 1
- Hotel Roanoke 1
- Iron Belt Land, Mining, and Development Company 1
- Maple Shade Inn Company (Pulaski, Va.) 1
- New York, Chicago, and St. Louis Railway Company 1
- Norfolk and Western Railway Company (1896-1982) 1
- Radford Land and Improvement Company 1
- Roanoke Machine Works 1
- Seaboard Air Line Railway Company 1
- Southern Express Company 1
- Southern States Dispatch 1
- Tidewater Railway Company (1904-1907) 1
- Virginia Holding Corporation 1
- Virginia, Tennessee and Georgia Air Line 1 + ∧ less