Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Thomas L. Preston Letter
The collection consists of a letter from Campbell County, Virginia resident Thomas L. Preston to John M. Preston of Smyth County, Virginia. The letter discusses personal matters and health, ending with a note about the political climate and the possibility of impending war between the North and South.
Smithfield Preston Foundation Papers
The Smithfield Preston Foundation Papers consist of 200 letters written almost exclusively by two generations of members of the Preston family of southwest Virginia, Kentucky, and South Carolina, to James and Sarah Preston McDowell of Rockbridge County, Virginia.
Dates: 1784-1881, n.d.
- Blacksburg (Va.) 1
- Civil War 1
- Montgomery County (Va.) 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Women -- History 1
- Madison, Elizabeth Preston, 1762-1837 1
- McDowell family (Rockbridge County, Va.) 1
- McDowell, James, 1770-1835 1
- McDowell, James, 1795-1851 1
- McDowell, Sarah Preston, 1767-1841 1
- McDowell, Susana Smith Preston 1
- Preston family (Montgomery County, Va.) 1
- Preston, Edmonia M. (Edmonia Madison Randolph), 1787-1847 1
- Preston, Francis, 1765-1835 1
- Preston, John M. 1
- Preston, John, 1764-1827 1
- Preston, William C. (William Campbell), 1794-1860 1
- Smithfield Plantation House (Blacksburg, Va.) 1 + ∧ less