Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Association for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities, Montgomery County Branch Papers
The records largely document the recent history of Smithfield Plantation, ancestral home of the Preston family, focusing particularly on its restoration beginning in 1962. While much of the renovation occurred in the 1960s, many of the records detail other renovation projects done in the 1970s and 1980s. The collection also includes historical and other related documents dating from before the original Preston family's residence at Smithfield.
Anna Whitehead Kenney Papers
The Anna Whitehead Kenney Papers contains a collection of biographical information about local families compiled by Kenney during her time as a curator at Smithfield Plantation.
Smithfield Preston Foundation Papers
The Smithfield Preston Foundation Papers consist of 200 letters written almost exclusively by two generations of members of the Preston family of southwest Virginia, Kentucky, and South Carolina, to James and Sarah Preston McDowell of Rockbridge County, Virginia.
- Association for the Preservation of Virginia Antiquities (APVA) (1889-2009) 1
- Kenney, Anna Whitehead 1
- Madison, Elizabeth Preston, 1762-1837 1
- McDowell family (Rockbridge County, Va.) 1
- McDowell, James, 1770-1835 1
- McDowell, James, 1795-1851 1
- McDowell, Sarah Preston, 1767-1841 1
- McDowell, Susana Smith Preston 1
- Preston family (Abingdon, Va.) 1
- Preston family (Solitude, Blacksburg, Va.) 1
- Preston, Edmonia M. (Edmonia Madison Randolph), 1787-1847 1
- Preston, Francis, 1765-1835 1
- Preston, John, 1764-1827 1
- Preston, Susanna Smith, 1740-1823 1
- Preston, Thomas L. (Thomas Lewis), 1812-1903 1
- Preston, William C. (William Campbell), 1794-1860 1
- Preston, William, 1729-1783 1 + ∧ less