Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
This collection includes business and personal papers of W. Graham Claytor, a 1906 graduate of Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (later Virginia Polytechnic Institute) and an executive overseeing the operations of a number of American Gas and Electric Company subsidiaries during the 20th century. It includes correspondence, reports, and printed materials relating to personal financial matters, business operations, Virginia Polytechnic Institute, and ham radio.
This collection contains papers include field notes, charts and maps, and geological surveys and research results, covering the history of mineralogy and geology, especially in Virginia.
This collection contains the papers of Henry Morgan Jacocks, graduate of Virginia Tech (class of 1900), assistant superintendent at Mathieson Alkali Works (Saltville, Virginia), independent businessman, and Virginia State Highway Department employee. Correspondence, trade catalogs, instructional booklets, blueprints, and drawings from Jacocks' years at Mathieson Alkali Works. Also includes a set of drafting standards for the Virginia Bridge and Iron Company and several photographs.
The papers in this collection include both personal and professional correspondence, ranging from November 1931 to March 1977. Johnson wrote to representatives at Public Works, American Society of Civil Engineers, the Department of Architectural Engineering at Virginia Polytechnic Institute, and the War Assets Administration, among others.
The Lingan S. Randolph Papers includes papers with specifications for the details of labor and materials for the installation of a steam heating system at Sweet Briar Institute, Amherst, Virginia.
The Ellison A. Smyth, Sr. collection contains papers including his correspondence with professional and amateur scientists, collectors, dealers and suppliers around the world concerning entomology and zoology, his publications, and field journals from his entomological work.
The collection consists of a text from radio talk titled "The Insect Menace to Log Cabins and Rustic Woodwork," given by entomologist Grover W. Underhill in 1935.
THe collection consists of materials regarding the professional, civic, and personal activities of Erwin Hoge Will.
- University History 9
- Faculty 6
- Montgomery County (Va.) 2
- Students and alumni 2
- Agriculture 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 6
- Appalachian Electric Power Company (1926-1958) 1
- Appalachian Power Company 1
- Claytor, W. Graham (William Graham), 1886-1971 1
- Drinkard, Alfred Washington, Jr. 1
- Holden, Roy Jay, 1870-1945 1
- Jacocks, Henry Morgan, 1878-1950 1
- Johnson, William Martin 1
- Randolph, Lingan S., Sr., 1859-1922 1
- Sanders, Harry W. (Harry Warinner), 1895-1984 1
- Smyth, Ellison A. (Ellison Adger), 1863-1941 1
- Underhill, Grover W. (Grover William), 1888-1970 1
- Virginia Agricultural Experiment Station 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 1
- Virginia Engineering Experiment Station 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Research Division 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Board of Visitors 1
- Virginia Truck Experiment Station (1907-1967) 1
- Will, Erwin Hoge, b.1900 1 ∧ less