Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 25
The collection consists almost exclusively of performance programs, playbills, and other threater literature of theater, dance, and music performances attended by Adriance.
This collection consists of official records and periodicals from the AAUW, Virginia Tech Chapter and the National AAUW including minutes, administrative records, state and national convention programs, awards and scholarships, publications, and other materials concerning community outreach from 1926-2008.
In general, vertical files at Special Collections and University Archives include newspaper clippings, photocopies, ephemera, unpublished and/or informal publications, and other papers relating to a specific subject area. Files in this collection relate to individuals and families connected to the local area (Blacksburg, Montgomery County, and Southwest Virginia) and/or to Virginia Tech. Each individual/family below has at least one folder and many include cross references.
This collection includes oral history accounts from various African Americans with experience at Virginia Tech and/or in the Blacksburg area between the 1950s and the early 2000s.
College and Surrounding Property, Virginia Polytechnic Institute, Showing College, Smithfield, and Whitethorne,
Collection consists of four blueprints that show the same geographic region. Full title reads, "College and Surrounding Property, Virginia Polytechnic Institute, Blacksburg Virginia, showing college, Smithfield, and Whitemore." Maps contain some hand-written notes.
the collection contains correspondence; writings; research records; administrative, instructional, and consulting files; and photographs of Byron Nelson Cooper, professor of geology and head of Virginia Polytechnic Institute's Department of Geological Sciences from 1946 to 1971.
The collection consists of Edgemont Farm record books, papers, and correspondence relating to the history, operations, and sale of Edgemont Farm in Halifax County, Virginia, and to the Barksdale and Hutcheson families, former owners of the farm. The collection includes correspondence between John R. Hutcheson and T. B. Hutcheson, Jr., as well as other correspondence of Thomas B. Hutcheson, Jr.; maps, correspondence, and Deed of Trust with David Barksdale regarding the sale of the farm.
This collection includes a scrapbook compiled by Blacksburg, Virginia artist Ruth White Fisher, relating to her series of paintings titled "The Evolution of Creativity," donated to Virginia Tech. It includes photographs, correspondence, newspaper clippings, and ephemera about the paintings and the donation ceremony.
The photograph collection at Special Collections and University Archives consists primarily of historical photographs of Virginia Tech, dating back to the 1890s. The collection is also home to historic images of Blacksburg, Montgomery County, the New River Valley, and Southwest Virginia in general. A photograph collection of faculty and staff from the university is maintained separately.
- University History 18
- Montgomery County (Va.) 17
- Blacksburg (Va.) 16
- Faculty 9
- Women -- History 7
- University Archives 6
- Photographs 5
- Maps (documents) 3
- Science and Technology 3
- Virginia -- Maps 3
- Agricultural extension work 2
- Railroad 2
- Architects 1
- Architects -- Virginia 1
- Architectural drawings (visual works) 1
- Civil War 1
- Geology 1
- Oral histories (literary works) 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1 ∧ less
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 13
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 4
- Preston family (Montgomery County, Va.) 2
- Smithfield Plantation House (Blacksburg, Va.) 2
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1896-1944) 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Corps of Cadets 2
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. Corps of Cadets (1944-1970) 2
- Adriance, Thomas 1
- American Association of University Women. Blacksburg Branch (Va.) 1
- Carneal and Johnston (Richmond, Va.) 1
- Cooper, Byron Nelson, 1912-1971 1
- Currie, Leonard J. (Leonard James), 1913-1996 1
- Edgemont Farm 1
- Foster, A. G. 1
- Hutcheson, John Redd, 1886-1962 1
- Hutcheson, T. B. (Thomas Barksdale), d.1950 1
- Lancaster, Lucy Lee, 1905-1989 1
- McCombs, Dorothy F., 1923-1990 1
- Michael, Rudolph Dixon, 1904-1994 1
- Murray, John, 1909-2002 1
- Shackelford, George Green, 1921-2010 1
- Sibold, Carrie T. (Carrie Taylor), 1904-1990 1
- Sibold, Chloe M., 1899-1976 1
- Sibold, Nannie V. (Nannie Virginia), 1897-1957 1
- Sibold, Thomas W. (Thomas William), 1909-1930 1
- Trent, Clarence E. (Clarence Elmore), 1904-1991 1
- Vandenberg, H. P. C. 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. College of Architecture (1974-1978) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. College of Architecture and Urban Studies (1978-2022) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. College of Architecture 1
- Will, Erwin Hoge, b.1900 1
- Worley, Charles S., Jr. 1 ∧ less