Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 21
The collection consists almost exclusively of performance programs, playbills, and other threater literature of theater, dance, and music performances attended by Adriance.
This collection contains the papers of Ralph Minthorne Brown, Virginia Tech head librarian (1926-1947), amateur historian and naturalist. It includes materials on Virginia Tech and local history, including typed transcripts of sources gathered for an intended history of Virginia Tech. Also included are Brown's Blacksburg ornithological and weather observations, a bibliography of Matthew Fontaine Maury, and other writings.
the collection contains correspondence; writings; research records; administrative, instructional, and consulting files; and photographs of Byron Nelson Cooper, professor of geology and head of Virginia Polytechnic Institute's Department of Geological Sciences from 1946 to 1971.
Director of Agricultural Experiment Station at Virginia Polytechnic Institute, 1917-1945; assistant director of Agricultural Experiment Station, 1945 until his retirement in 1948. Collection consists of a Daily Desk Diary, which mentions persons and events in Blacksburg and at Virginia Polytechnic Institute.
The collection consists of Edgemont Farm record books, papers, and correspondence relating to the history, operations, and sale of Edgemont Farm in Halifax County, Virginia, and to the Barksdale and Hutcheson families, former owners of the farm. The collection includes correspondence between John R. Hutcheson and T. B. Hutcheson, Jr., as well as other correspondence of Thomas B. Hutcheson, Jr.; maps, correspondence, and Deed of Trust with David Barksdale regarding the sale of the farm.
Artist and former professor of architecture at Virginia Tech. Collection consists of twenty-two sketches and drawings done by Frazer of nudes and scenes of Blacksburg, Virginia, and the southwest Virginia region. Images available online.
The William E. Garnett Papers consist of field notes, surveys, reports, class notes, letters to the editors of Montgomery County, Virginia, newspapers, and reprints of publications.
This collection contains papers include field notes, charts and maps, and geological surveys and research results, covering the history of mineralogy and geology, especially in Virginia.
- University History 19
- Montgomery County (Va.) 17
- Blacksburg (Va.) 16
- University Archives 5
- Science and Technology 4
- Photographs 3
- Civil War 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- Agriculture 1
- Architects 1
- Architects -- Virginia 1
- Diaries 1
- Geology 1
- Students and alumni 1
- Women -- History 1 ∧ less
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 13
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1970-) 9
- Drinkard, Alfred Washington, Jr. 2
- Hutcheson, John Redd, 1886-1962 2
- Adriance, Thomas 1
- Brown, Ralph Minthorne, 1878-1958 1
- Cooper, Byron Nelson, 1912-1971 1
- Currie, Leonard J. (Leonard James), 1913-1996 1
- Edgemont Farm 1
- Frazer, George Preston 1
- Garnett, William E. (William Edward), 1885-1970 1
- Hill, Henry H. (Henry Harris Bunker) 1
- Holden, Roy Jay, 1870-1945 1
- Hutcheson, Eleanor Parrott 1
- Hutcheson, T. B. (Thomas Barksdale), d.1950 1
- John R. Hutcheson family 1
- Lancaster, Lucy Lee, 1905-1989 1
- Michael, Rudolph Dixon, 1904-1994 1
- Murray, John, 1909-2002 1
- Preston family (Montgomery County, Va.) 1
- Price family 1
- Price, Harvey Lee, 1874-1951 1
- Radford Army Ammunition Plant (U.S.) 1
- Sanders, Harry W. (Harry Warinner), 1895-1984 1
- Shackelford, George Green, 1921-2010 1
- Tate, Leland B., 1905-1999 1
- Virginia Agricultural Experiment Station 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 1
- Virginia Cooperative Extension Service 1
- Virginia Engineering Experiment Station 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. College of Architecture (1974-1978) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. College of Architecture and Urban Studies (1978-2022) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Research Division 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. College of Architecture 1
- Virginia Truck Experiment Station (1907-1967) 1
- Wiss, Henry H. 1
- Worley, Charles S., Jr. 1 ∧ less