Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13
The collection consists almost exclusively of performance programs, playbills, and other threater literature of theater, dance, and music performances attended by Adriance.
Oral history interview conducted by Virginia Tech student Christina Roemer with Marvin and Freda Blecher of Blacksburg, Virginia, about their involvement in the Jewish community in the town and the Hillel student organization at Virginia Tech. Dr. Marvin Blecher served as faculty advisor for Hillel from 1973 to 1983. Also includes information about the Blacksburg Jewish Community Center and other Jewish communities in the region.
Milka Bliznakov was a Bulgarian architect, architectural historian, and professor who practiced in Bulgaria, France, and the United States. The collection consists of her publications, research, correspondence, professional documentation of her practice, conference participation materials, teaching materials, and documents related to her involvement as the founder of the International Archive of Women in Architecture.
the collection contains correspondence; writings; research records; administrative, instructional, and consulting files; and photographs of Byron Nelson Cooper, professor of geology and head of Virginia Polytechnic Institute's Department of Geological Sciences from 1946 to 1971.
The collection consists of Edgemont Farm record books, papers, and correspondence relating to the history, operations, and sale of Edgemont Farm in Halifax County, Virginia, and to the Barksdale and Hutcheson families, former owners of the farm. The collection includes correspondence between John R. Hutcheson and T. B. Hutcheson, Jr., as well as other correspondence of Thomas B. Hutcheson, Jr.; maps, correspondence, and Deed of Trust with David Barksdale regarding the sale of the farm.
This collection contains the papers of Virginia Tech alumnus and agricultural information editor.It contains correspondence and notes relating to the histories Blacksburg, the Preston family, and Smithfield Plantation (including maps of the grounds and the cemetery). It also contains a few campus photographs and printed materials related to Virginia Tech.
The John Murray Papers document the participation of John Murray, a Virginia Tech chemistry professor from 1942 to 1971, in Virginia's ornithological community. Collected materials include manuscript articles, scholarly correspondence, and bird watching logs which focus largely on Montgomery County, Virginia.
- University History 11
- Montgomery County (Va.) 10
- Blacksburg (Va.) 9
- University Archives 3
- Photographs 2
- Women -- History 2
- Architects 1
- Architects -- Virginia 1
- Civil War 1
- Geology 1
- History of Women in Architecture 1
- International Archive of Women in Architecture (IAWA) 1
- Oral histories (literary works) 1
- Science and Technology 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Women architects -- Bulgaria 1 ∧ less
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute (1944-1970) 9
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (1896-1944) 4
- Adriance, Thomas 1
- Blecher, Freda 1
- Blecher, Marvin 1
- Bliznakov, Milka T., 1927-2010 1
- Cooper, Byron Nelson, 1912-1971 1
- Currie, Leonard J. (Leonard James), 1913-1996 1
- Edgemont Farm 1
- Hutcheson, John Redd, 1886-1962 1
- Hutcheson, T. B. (Thomas Barksdale), d.1950 1
- Lancaster, Lucy Lee, 1905-1989 1
- Magill, Orrin R. (Orrin Rankin), 1887-1976 1
- Michael, Rudolph Dixon, 1904-1994 1
- Murray, John, 1909-2002 1
- Oral History of the Principalship (Project) 1
- Preston family (Montgomery County, Va.) 1
- Roemer, Christina 1
- Shackelford, George Green, 1921-2010 1
- Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College (1872-1896) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. College of Architecture (1974-1978) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. College of Architecture and Urban Studies (1978-2022) 1
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute. College of Architecture 1
- Worley, Charles S., Jr. 1 ∧ less